walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

by Fudgie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Route description: Creise and Meall a'Bhùiridh from the Ski centre

Munros included on this walk: Creise, Meall a' Bhùiridh

Date walked: 20/08/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 11.1 km

Ascent: 1137m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Postby 147cjl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:45 pm

great photos...looking forward to these two sometime soon
147cjl
Munro compleatist

Munros:51   Corbetts:1
Fionas:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:10
Wainwrights:3   

Postby coachmacca » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:37 am

Great pictures and amazing terrain - do you have a route map for this? (or is it on the site already ) , you mentioned a route you elected to take so just wondered if you had it?

As we are still relative newbies its always good to see the route on a map (for wife convincing purposes) :)
coachmacca
Stravaiging

Munros:39   Corbetts:7
Fionas:5   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   

Postby monty » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 am

Nice set of photos Fudgie. Looks like a good walk. :D
monty

Postby Fudgie » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:00 pm

coachmacca wrote:Great pictures and amazing terrain - do you have a route map for this? (or is it on the site already ) , you mentioned a route you elected to take so just wondered if you had it?

As we are still relative newbies its always good to see the route on a map (for wife convincing purposes) :)

I followed the route that is given by this site (I forgot to upload the GPX file) and it was very straightforward. I made a slight deviation on the way up to avoid a boggy patch but apart from that it was as described by on here.

Cheers monty, I decided to take it easy and only do a 6 hour walk :wink:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby rockhopper » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 am

Very nice fudgie - and the clouds make the photos look even more dramatic. Can't seem to get the Small Faces "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" out of my head now - even worse, I'm pretty sure I remember it was the theme music for Annie Nightingale's radio show on a Sunday afternoon (a "few" years ago) - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Fudgie » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:02 am

rockhopper wrote:Very nice fudgie - and the clouds make the photos look even more dramatic. Can't seem to get the Small Faces "Lazy Sunday Afternoon" out of my head now - even worse, I'm pretty sure I remember it was the theme music for Annie Nightingale's radio show on a Sunday afternoon (a "few" years ago) - cheers :)

Cheers Rockhopper. The song came into my head at random intervals throughout the walk so I thought everyone else should share my pain :lol: My previous effort in the area had been a torturous walk up Ben Starav and friends so in comparison to that, this was an afternoon stroll :wink:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Postby xpfloyd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:33 am

Nice one Fudgie and great pics too. Im hoping to catch these two on Friday or Monday this weekend.
xpfloyd
Munro compleatist

Munros:105   

Postby Fudgie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:18 am

xpfloyd wrote:Nice one Fudgie and great pics too. Im hoping to catch these two on Friday or Monday this weekend.

Cheers Eddie. You'll enjoy the view when you come up on to the bealach before Criese.
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland