walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Aonach Eagach

Aonach Eagach

Postby sanny84 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Route description: Aonach Eagach

Munros included on this walk: Meall Dearg (Aonach Eagach), Sgorr nam Fiannaidh (Aonach Eagach)

Date walked: 18/08/2012

Time taken: 8 hours

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

hey guys this is my first report not very good at this sort of stuff but will give it ago and am sure a will get better at it :) this was my first walk in about two years i have completed few walks but never recorded them so i have decided to start now and caught the bug once again.

so mid week prior to the climb my friend who is over from NZ on a working holiday contacted me through facebook
and planted the seed (idea) into my head about tackling AE aye knew straight away a was going to do this but had to re-arrange my plans last minute. but then realised aye had done nothing but push paper and quote for work for the past two year since being promoted to team leader in a tree surgery squad, meaning my fitness had gone to pot and gained a beer belly lol. :crazy:.

low and be hold we set of that Saturday morning early doors very much excited and nerves a roller-coaster of emotions at the challenge ahead of us we reached the car park aye believe id called the sand pit geared up and headed up towards am bodach weather was amazing but we knew from weather reports we where in for some poor visibility.

once we reached the summit the cloud descended a upon us and reduced the visibility badly as expected never the less we carried on our adventure couple of hours later after summit in meall dearg and scrambling across the chimneys and and crazy stacks, the cloud lifted to reveal the most awesome sights and make the hair stand up on the back of our necks well worth the wait.

a will let the pics explain the rest of our walk towards sgorr nam fiannaidh EPIC day to be had and very tired but still buzzing and glad aye come along to experience the walk. now off to plan my next walk not decided yet but lomond area looking a real bet thanks for reading my story.
031.jpg

033.jpg

036.jpg

050.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

067.jpg

074.jpg

089.jpg

090.jpg

129.jpg

136.jpg

177.jpg

181.jpg

200.jpg

208.jpg
sanny84
Mountain Walker

Munros:10   Corbetts:2
Donalds:3
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Aonach Eagach

Postby mountain thyme » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:48 pm

well done pity about the poor visibility in the middle :(
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:36   Corbetts:222
Grahams:11   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:14

Postby sanny84 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:03 pm

thanks yeah was a real same about the visibility but we enjoyed it all same and it did add a bit of mystery to what lay ahead maybe have to return one day and hope for a better forecast :D
sanny84
Mountain Walker

Postby clivew » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Great pics when the cloud cleared :clap: :clap: but it still looks great in the mist
clivew
Mountain Walker

Munros:145   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Stuart Angus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Belter 8) :clap:
Stuart Angus

Munros:81   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   

Postby sanny84 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:48 pm

once again cheers guys it sure was very exciting walk-climb av got about 200 pics but wasn't sure how many you could post at once am sure al get to grips with the site, reports and terms etc. looking forward to bagging a few more hills and hearing other folks inspiring reports. :D
sanny84
Mountain Walker

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland