walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

50 Shades of Fiona

50 Shades of Fiona

by KeithS » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Fiona (An Teallach)

Date walked: 26/08/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Ascent: 1050m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: 50 Shades of Fiona

Postby mountain thyme » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 am

Well done Keith.. reminds me i need to get back to that book..
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Graeme D » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Very good! :lol: Certainly trumps the old "went up a hill, was steep, very windy, nice views" e.t.c. style of reportage. Hoping to possibly be up in this neck of the woods in October so may make Fiona's acquaintance then, however Mrs D will be there too. Guess that would make it a threesome! :lol:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Damian R » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Keith,
I had no idea I was intruding on such an intimate moment ........I'm the guy who nearly ran out of petrol on his way back home.........Damian. I feel privileged to have seen An Teallach on that glorious day. I'm now planning a return to have a go at those pinnacles and maybe even a bit of foot dangling.....
Damian R
Bird-watcher

Postby KeithS » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:30 pm

mountain thyme wrote:Well done Keith.. reminds me i need to get back to that book..

I don't understand, what is this book everyone is referring to? :roll: All I did was write an innocent report about the enjoyment and pain of climbing a mountain :wink: I mean, for heaven's sake, why would I want to read a book which my wife may (or may not) have left lying about the house, especially as she had told me I wouldn't enjoy it because it was full of torrid sex scenes? :shock:

Graeme D wrote: Mrs D will be there too. Guess that would make it a threesome! :lol:
I am trying to persuade my wife to make a threesome with Fiona, not sure if she thinks it will be worth the effort.

Damian R wrote:Hi Keith,
I had no idea I was intruding on such an intimate moment ........I'm the guy who nearly ran out of petrol on his way back home.........Damian. I feel privileged to have seen An Teallach on that glorious day. I'm now planning a return to have a go at those pinnacles and maybe even a bit of foot dangling.....
Hi Damien, don't worry, it was no intrusion, it was good to have someone to talk to, it helped take my mind of the pain of separation from Fiona. I'm sure it won't be long until I'm back there, I may even try a bit of foot dangling.
I'm glad you made it back to your Mum's, I had been wondering if you were stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby salinger » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:25 pm

fantastic post
salinger
Mountaineer

Munros:10   Corbetts:1

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Hah haahh hhaaaahhh ... :clap: :clap:
Brilliant - almost biblical in your veneration for the great Fiona. Definitely giggled at your kids reaction. Don't they recognise genius :lol: :lol:
Great photos too!
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby Mountainlove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:19 am

Brilliant report and really well writtten...love it...hope you had enough food as well 8) :lol:
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:88   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby KeithS » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Again, thanks for the kind words folks, glad if I could raise a smile or two. :D

Mountainlove wrote:Brilliant report and really well writtten...love it...hope you had enough food as well 8) :lol:
Sadly, unlike Anastasia (whoever she is cos obviously I haven't read any books with Anastasia in) no one has to force me to eat, I manage very well all of my own accord :roll:
Huff_n_Puff wrote:Hah haahh hhaaaahhh ... :clap: :clap:

Definitely giggled at your kids reaction. Don't they recognise genius :lol: :lol:
Sure, they recognise my genius and sense of humour about as much as they appreciate when I sing, or my sense of fashion, and best of all they love it when I dance at parties
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

Postby clivegrif » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm

You were robbed dear boy! :(

This put a smile on many a face :D
clivegrif
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:37
Fionas:15   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:194
Wainwrights:50   Islands:3

Postby Hill-loving lady » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

OMG - how I laughed, and had to wipe a few tears from the eye too. You heard about 50 shades of Grey for men????

A Dulux colour chart!!! :clap:
Hill-loving lady
Munro compleatist

Munros:164   Corbetts:17
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:13   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:16   

20 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland