walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Hooly round H-Ulaidh

Hooly round H-Ulaidh

by basscadet » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 pm

Route description: Sgòr na h-Ulaidh and Meall Lighiche

Munros included on this walk: Sgòr na h-Ulaidh

Date walked: 01/09/2012

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 15.19 km

Ascent: 1270m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Hooly round H-Ulaidh

Postby basscadet » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Oh JC, I do that and still I get rained on.. Weekend afore last I was going to go to Glen Coe, but the weather was rubbish for there and said it would be better further north.. So I head to Fisherfields and get P**sing rain, while there is sunshine in Glen Coe :crazy:
I would of been in Ballachuilish anyway this weekend past, hence the disregard of the weather for that..

Monty - Oh this coming weekend, I am being forced to stay off the hills :shock: I knew I would have withdrawal symptoms though, so have booked a couple of days off at the beginning of next week :D Lets hope the fair weather Faerie magic keeps working for that long, but knowing my luck...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Fionas:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby mrssanta » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:22 pm

basscadet wrote:I do seem to have a knack of chgoosing the wrong places though.. At home it was scorchio! :D
And you dont think you could keep up with an overweight smoker? Oh I think you could... :wink:
Come out with me any day, but you have to choose the location :lol:

thanks might take you up on that one day, if you don't mind Rudolph too. :lol:
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby rockhopper » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Real shame about the weather as there are some very nice views up there - still, well done for getting out. Certainly looks a very extensive logging operation - wondered if it's only fairly recently started ? - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland