walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Friends, Roamers, Countrymen!.....

Friends, Roamers, Countrymen!.....

by pollyh33 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:31 pm

Route description: Liathach, Glen Torridon

Munros included on this walk: Mullach an Rathain (Liathach), Spidean a' Choire Lèith (Liathach)

Date walked: 07/09/2012

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 1221m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Friends, Roamers, Countrymen!.....

Postby tomyboy73 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:54 am

excellent Polly, you`ve got me convinced to go anyway, good luck on Skye next week :D
tomyboy73
Mountain Walker

Munros:185   Corbetts:40
Fionas:9   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:6   Hewitts:6
Wainwrights:3   Islands:5
Walk wish-list

Postby andy millar1 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Yeah im with Jonny on this one but i will see you on Friday for the start of a fab weekend....Ron is the mutts nutts !!!

Look out Skye Polly,Starfish,Graeme and a frog are coming to get you!! :crazy: :crazy:
andy millar1

Postby PeteR » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Superb report and pictures polly :D You certainly look like you had a great time on this one tacling the pinnacles :D Great to see that you had the weather for it too :D I've still to open my account on the Torridon hills, but the area is simply stunning and a good day looks like a "must". Can't wait to get up there myself sometime soon.
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:120   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby madasa mongoose » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Great report! Fab photos :D And loving the food :thumbup: If you enjoyed Liathach, you'll love Skye!
madasa mongoose
Munro compleatist

Munros:267   Corbetts:1

Postby rockhopper » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:59 pm

another cracker polly - well done on such a great day out :thumbup: going to miss your original report titles though when you're off studying 8) - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Jock McJock » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Well done Polly, cannot wait to get up there. What a place, mountains, pizza, pie, it's got it all :D And nice one Ron for looking after the old bird :wink: :wink: Don't hang up your boots Polly........the MWSP Club will starve!!!! You really want that on your conscience???? :shock: :shock: And for what?? Some fancy letters after your name??? I don't know..................the selfishness of some people!!! :lol: :lol:
Jock McJock
Mountain Walker

Munros:173   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:1   

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:19 pm

scoob999 wrote:

PS you're fair getting through the hills these days :clap:

Well maybe if you ran over the hills instead of on the flat, i would'nt be 40 odd in front of you now :lol: :lol:

Running on the hills? No chance Scoob!! If I ever gather any pace it usually means I'm about to land on my behind :lol: :lol:
rocket-ron wrote:scree surfing will be the last thing on your mind next week. You better go to doctors. to get your self something to keep ynou calm

Wowsers can you get vodka on the NHS now ??? :clap:

ChrisW wrote:Cracking report Polly, what a day you picked for this one. Beautiful weather and spectacular views all around, not sure about a one legged balance on a pinnacle though :shock:
Well done on improving your half marathon time whilst still leaving room for further improvement next year :lol:
Good luck on the Cullin next week :thumbup:

Thanks Chris, we were so lucky with the weather 8) As for Ron and his starfish.....you should hear my shouting abuse at him :lol: :lol:

KeithS wrote:Great stuff P, it is certainly one of the best hills, definitely in my top 5.

Well done for going over the Pinnacles, I chickened out and went round the side, although even that is pretty exposed.

Good to see you had a big grin on your face, it's the sort of mountain that does that for you.

I shall be looking forwards to reading about your Skye adventures, your grin should be even bigger on top of the Inn Pin. Enjoy it, be careful. Hope the weather hasn't broken by then, I'll be up in Glen Etive.

:clap:

Cheers Keith. The guide who gave us a lift said 50% of the people he takes up there use the bypass path. And you're right about it being eroded and exposed in places :shock: :shock:

Can't wait to hear about which hill you're seducing up in Glen Etive :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:28 pm

monty wrote:I speak not to disprove what Polly spoke, but here I am to speak what I know. You all did love Polly and Rocket Ron once, not without cause. What cause withholds you then, not to praise them? O judgement! thou art fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason. Bear with me for my heart is on Liatach with Polly and Rocket. and I must pause till it comes back to me. :clap: xx

Phwoar Monty, that is the sexiest comment I've ever had !!!!! A gentleman and a scholar- mmmm yes please!!

P XXX
SAVAGEALICE wrote:great report polly ..i love this hill too ..torridon is one of my fav areas :) ..have fun in skye! :D

Cheers Alice, I've been hearing great things about you :D Are you planning to join us on Skye?

jonny616 wrote:Torridon, pizza & pie. i'm not speaking to either of you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a fab day, can't wait to do this one myself. Have a great time on Skye :D :D :D :D

We'll need to get a walk on a Tuesday organised and then we can get BOGOF from Domino's :clap: :clap:

They'll deliver to A.N. Other summit, won't they??? :crazy:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

tomyboy73 wrote:excellent Polly, you`ve got me convinced to go anyway, good luck on Skye next week :D

Tommy, get yourself and your tent up there- you'll love it!!! You must be overdue an adventure or two :D
andy millar1 wrote:Yeah im with Jonny on this one but i will see you on Friday for the start of a fab weekend....Ron is the mutts nutts !!!

Look out Skye Polly,Starfish,Graeme and a frog are coming to get you!! :crazy: :crazy:

Andy, you were with us the whole way matey, especially when hopped all over my boots on the descent :lol: :lol:
You'll be glad to know your jumper is also finished- don't suppose you could make your arms shrink by about 6 inches??? :lol:
PeteR wrote:Superb report and pictures polly :D You certainly look like you had a great time on this one tacling the pinnacles :D Great to see that you had the weather for it too :D I've still to open my account on the Torridon hills, but the area is simply stunning and a good day looks like a "must". Can't wait to get up there myself sometime soon.

Cheers PeteR. Yes definitely get up there for a good few days. Mrs R could enjoy the many delights of Inverness or do a low level walk. There's a smashing path that goes around the back of Beinn Eighe and Liathach that she could take- you could wave to each other :wave: :wave:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Fudgie » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Saying it looks like you had fun is probably an understatement :D

Great stuff :thumbup:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Fionas:3   Donalds:7

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great to see you back out on the mountains.

:( :( :( :( To see you are retiring,you dont even look 60 yet.

:D :D :D :D You give me hope I can go over the pinnacles.

:( :( :( Because it looks like I wont share a walk before you finish.

:D :D :D I did get to meet & walk with you...............take care....glw xx
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:57 pm

madasa mongoose wrote:Great report! Fab photos :D And loving the food :thumbup: If you enjoyed Liathach, you'll love Skye!

Thanks mm, glad you enjoyed it :D Yes can't wait to get back to Skye and have some (scary) fun :crazy:

rockhopper wrote:another cracker polly - well done on such a great day out :thumbup: going to miss your original report titles though when you're off studying 8) - cheers :)

Ha ha, still got a few up my sleeve to use, just got to do the right walks to fit in with them!!!

Oh you still haven't told me what you have planned for your :shh: :shifty: 50th!

P XX
Jock McJock wrote:Well done Polly, cannot wait to get up there. What a place, mountains, pizza, pie, it's got it all :D And nice one Ron for looking after the old bird :wink: :wink: Don't hang up your boots Polly........the MWSP Club will starve!!!! You really want that on your conscience???? :shock: :shock: And for what?? Some fancy letters after your name??? I don't know..................the selfishness of some people!!! :lol: :lol:

Shellfish? not me! can't stand the stuff :lol:

And I thought we agreed that we would only discuss me being your feeder on the BBM website :wink: :wink:

As for fancy letters after my name, I'm just glad they haven't been RIP!!!
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Fudgie wrote:Saying it looks like you had fun is probably an understatement :D

Great stuff :thumbup:

Ha ha do you think so Fudgie??? Yes it was smashing- even the wobbly knee moments :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Postby pollyh33 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:07 pm

gammy leg walker wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Great to see you back out on the mountains.

:( :( :( :( To see you are retiring,you dont even look 60 yet.

:D :D :D :D You give me hope I can go over the pinnacles.

:( :( :( Because it looks like I wont share a walk before you finish.

:D :D :D I did get to meet & walk with you...............take care....glw xx

Oh Willie you're just so fab!!! Do you want to know what one of the best things about Liathach was? No not the banoffee pie!!! It was when Ron pointed out Alligin and I got to see where you reached your 100th- not as good as being there with you but at least I could see that you picked a very special place for your big achievement, it was awesome :clap: :clap:

I owe you loads...first proper winter walk....introduction to the MWSPC....inappropriate use of a buff :crazy: :crazy: Cheers babe XXXX
pollyh33
Walker

Postby Aarthorn » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm so jealous of you, hopefully next year i'll be fit enough and small enough(chuckle) to enjoy it.
Aarthorn
Mountain Walker

Munros:3   Corbetts:2
Fionas:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:4   

15 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland