walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

On Tour From Corrour

On Tour From Corrour

by Fudgie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn na Lap, Càrn Dearg (Corrour), Sgòr Gaibhre

Date walked: 12/09/2012

Time taken: 8.2 hours

Distance: 24 km

Ascent: 1390m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: On Tour From Corrour

Postby Fudgie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

luibnaclach wrote:brilliant report, :clap: the fact that i was brought up at corrour and you have made me very homesick is of no consequence :)

Thanks, it'll be an area I'll return to many a time :thumbup:

electricfly wrote:Yeah, it was certainly more rain with sporadic bursts of sunshine, than sunshine with sporadic bursts of showers over in the Ben Alder estate.That wind was quite consistent though!

We met an Englishman on our walk-out to Dalwhinie who was heading to Culra. He mentioned that he had done Beinn Eibhinn and Aonach Beag from the Corrour side in a previous outing, so it's probably quite common to tackle these two from the west.

I think the 3hr walk-in and out between Culra and Dalwhinnie puts many off an eastern approach!

Thanks for the info. I would probably take the bike and cycle up to the lodge but I'll probably have to leave those for next year.

gman wrote:Nice one, definitely fancy these if bacon sandwiches are involved
They are delicious and I heartily recommend them :clap:
Fudgie
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:20
Grahams:3   Donalds:7

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland