walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

No.2 Gully Ben Nevis - late May........

No.2 Gully Ben Nevis - late May........

Postby wilkiemurray » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:12 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis

Date walked: 19/05/2012

Time taken: 6 hours

Ascent: 1500m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

No.2 Gully May 2012

With the first snow being recorded over the last few weeks, I thought I’d post this hike and climb we did when the last snows hit the Ben in late May. No other reason than to give a sample of what may be coming our way this winter – maybe a cold one – who knows…..

We had tried getting out lots during the course of last winter but strangly these were some of the best conditions we got towards the end of May. Had lots of nice comments on the videos recently so thought you may enjoy this one too hopefully.

All I can remember is that my calves were burning when we topped out on near the zig zags. Too long ago to write a detailed account – hope you enjoy the video…

DSC02416.JPG
walk in tree
DSC02419.JPG
heading to CIC
wilkiemurray

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland