walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

In the grandstand on .903

In the grandstand on .903

Postby gaffr » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:30 am

Date walked: 30/11/2009

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 8 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Our Saturday afternoon walk placed us in the grandstand between Kinley and Freewheelin.
top .903 and beyond.jpg
looking out across the Glencoe trough.jpg
The Mamores and Lochaber tops from Devil's Staircase.jpg
We were rewarded by this view, on Sunday, looking down loch Creran and out over Lismore island to Mull.
Loch Creran and out across Lismore to Mull.jpg
Attachments
The Ben and CM Dearg from .903.jpg
out of sequence but was from .903
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Re: In the grandstand on .903

Postby sloosh » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:41 am

I'm soooo jealous of all you guys who got to see those views on Saturday! 8)
sloosh

Munros:62   Corbetts:1

Postby kinley » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:10 pm

8) That walk from Devil's Staircase to the 903m top (and further) is brilliant.

We couldn't see into Glen Coe until later in the day - but what a day :D
kinley

Postby mountain coward » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 am

Is that the walk that goes west from the Devil's Staircase towards Am Bodach of the Aonach Eagach?
mountain coward

Postby gaffr » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am

Hello MC,
Yes your right. I hadn't been been in this area between the Corbett and the Munros to the west before or even up to the high point in the walking trail down to Kinlochleven....it fitted in well with a short day out....and of course the opening up into the sunshine was a real tonic! The folks on the Mamores got the best of everything on that day! Have you been into the tops above Loch Creran where we had our 'promenade du dimanche'.......slightly longer day out?
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby hills » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm

Lovely photos, enjoyed those!! :D
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

Postby mountain coward » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 pm

gaffr wrote:Hello MC,
Yes your right. I hadn't been been in this area between the Corbett and the Munros to the west before or even up to the high point in the walking trail down to Kinlochleven....it fitted in well with a short day out....and of course the opening up into the sunshine was a real tonic! The folks on the Mamores got the best of everything on that day! Have you been into the tops above Loch Creran where we had our 'promenade du dimanche'.......slightly longer day out?

All I've done above Loch Creran was Sguilard and Fhionnlaidh. I did those in your report to go see the other end of the Aonach Eagach as I had no intention of doing the ridge to pick up my Munros so just went as far as Am Bodach - I found it a really nice and interesting walk - it was in full summer on a gorgeous day a couple of years back. Looked nice in the conditions you had tho...
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland