walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Chabhair

Beinn Chabhair

Postby dogjake » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Route description: Beinn Chabhair, from Inverarnan

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Chabhair

Date walked: 27/09/2012

Time taken: 7 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Parked in the Drovers Inn car park and started walking at 8.30am in bright sunshine, weatherman says rain by mid afternoon. Walked along to Beinn Glas Farm where behind the wooden pods climb the small stile at the stone dyke then head up the obvious path, keep the Ben Glas Burn on your right climb over the large stile and continue up always following the burn. Eventually it levels out above the waterfall and the going gets easier. I followed this right up to the Lochan Beinn Chabhair and although it is fairly level it is also rather boggy especially after the recent rains. Of course I felt my new Gaiters had to be tested and stepped right up to my shins in bog yeugh it doesn't have stink but the gaiters worked well, thanks Mr Rab. From the west side of the Lochan continue North East to gain the North west ridge of Beinn Chabhair. then it's along the ridge to the cairn which marks the summit. By the time I reached the summit the clag had set in and it wasn't long before the rain started and didn't stop.
Attachments
Looking Back.JPG
Looking Back
Lochan Beinn Chabhair.JPG
Lochan Beinn Chabhair
Loch Long in the distance.JPG
Loch Long
Approaching the summit.JPG
Approaching the Summit
Clag on the summit.JPG
Clag on the summit
dogjake
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:4   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:12   

Re: Beinn Chabhair

Postby SusieThePensioner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm

I enjoyed your report, shame about the weather but, well done on fully testing your gaiters!! :thumbup:
SusieThePensioner

Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Fionas:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:156   

Postby LeithySuburbs » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Sometimes the weatherman is right... looks like you enjoyed it nonetheless :) .
LeithySuburbs
Ambler

Munros:259   Corbetts:56
Fionas:29   Donalds:33
Sub 2000:41   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:23   Islands:13

Postby dogjake » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:09 am

Really enjoyed the walk and if i'm honest the solitute as I usually walk with a friend. I arrived back at the car soaking wet (on the outside) but wearing a huge smile of contentment.
dogjake
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:4   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:11
Wainwrights:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland