walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn a Chlamain

Carn a Chlamain

by dawnfoth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Route description: Càrn a'Chlamain

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Chlamain

Date walked: 20/10/2012

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Distance: 29 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Carn a Chlamain

Postby Graeme D » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Bod wrote:The Glen Tilt road, Gilbert's Bridge and Marble Lodge, takes me back to my years of wonderful adventures in Scouting :D
Great report, well done :D :D :clap:

Takes me back to November 2009 and the first time I attended a WH "meet" - although they weren't the grand affairs they are now. Myself, CurlyWurly, kevsbald, Walkaboot and the artist formerly known as MC walked in over CaC to the Tarf Hotel which we found in the dark by a combination of careful navigation and the candles in the window courtesy of the waiting John Burgess, who had also got a good fire going and made a good start on the whisky. :lol:
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby NickScots » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm

I did this a few years ago one Oct. hol. MTBed in and pushed to the Summit. Met a young apprentice Ghillie who had just gutted a Deer near the summit and his dogs were enjoying the snack. When I reached him I chatted away about the stalking going on. Was a bit surreal seeing someone in full tweeds and no one else all day. . He had a Deer on the back of a pony. He was waiting for his boss to bring up another pony.

. Was a good descent back and certainly saves a lot of time if you bike in.
NickScots

Munros:123   Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:4   

Postby dawnfoth » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:29 pm

NickScots wrote: Met a young apprentice Ghillie who had just gutted a Deer near the summit and his dogs were enjoying the snack. When I reached him I chatted away about the stalking going on. Was a bit surreal seeing someone in full tweeds and no one else all day. . He had a Deer on the back of a pony. He was waiting for his boss to bring up another pony.

. Was a good descent back and certainly saves a lot of time if you bike in.

That is certainly an experience very few of us will have been privvy to on a mountain.... :D
dawnfoth
Munro compleatist

Munros:269   Corbetts:16
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:11   Islands:6

Postby vinniehill » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:33 pm

Great first report and wow that time was pretty good going well done :D
vinniehill
Mountain Walker

Munros:96   Corbetts:5
Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   

Postby Scotjamie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Nice one Dawn - enjoyed your first report. Look forward to more reports on the calls of the wild and the calls of nature. :)
Scotjamie
Wanderer

Munros:148   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland