walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn Bhac and Beinn Iutharn Mnor,no more!

Carn Bhac and Beinn Iutharn Mnor,no more!

by pigeon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:46 am

Route description: Beinn Iutharn Mhor and Carn Bhac, Inverey

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Iutharn Mhor, Carn Bhac

Date walked: 20/10/2012

Time taken: 9 hours

Distance: 32 km

Ascent: 983m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Carn Bhac and Beinn Iutharn Mnor,no more!

Postby pigeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:56 pm

soulminer wrote:Know them well :) We were up B.I M recently, and Carn Bhac was my penultimate Munro :) We biked it in for Bhac to hell with the long walk :wink: Mind you Jake must have loved it 8)
Cheers.
Aye,a good one for the bike user SM,Jake loves the snaw :lol:
rockhopper wrote:Long way, long day, pigeon - well done all :thumbup: Domestic duties meant I went nowhere near a hill this weekend so am a bit jealous :sick: - cheers :)
Shame you couldn't get out RH,no a bad weekend 8)
Paula Hubens wrote:Two more in the bag pigeon! :D That is a comedy picture of Kev on Carn Bhac :lol:
I remember this as a long walk too from an era when I was not yet interested in munros.
Cheers Paula,might be a good idea to catch Iutharn Mhor with Carn An Righ and Glas Tuileachan and leave Carn Bhac as a single :wink:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:94
Grahams:38   Donalds:35
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   Islands:2

Postby pigeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Ian,he can take Jake with him,at least the dug enjoyed it :lol: :lol: Ach it was no that bad ,looking forward to getting back up the West though :thumbup:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Postby Meatball » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm saving this lot for a couple of trips in the snow, I hope that will make things all better!
Cheers for the report though!
Meatball

Munros:43   Corbetts:39
Grahams:6   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:2   

Postby pigeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:04 pm

Meatball wrote:I'm saving this lot for a couple of trips in the snow, I hope that will make things all better!
Cheers for the report though!
Looking at the forecast you might not have long to wait Meatball :wink: A good frost would make these much better right enough,enjoy :D
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Postby Meatball » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm going to add An Socach to two which may make things awkward. The alternative was to "try" a 5 in the summer, which may have ended in tears...

PS bring on the snow!
Meatball

Postby pigeon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Meatball wrote:I'm going to add An Socach to two which may make things awkward. The alternative was to "try" a 5 in the summer, which may have ended in tears...

PS bring on the snow!
Met 3 guys coming down from Beinn Iutharn Mhor who were doing the 5 on Saturday Meatball.They had started at Dalmunzie ,over Glas Tuilachean,Carn An Righ,BIM,Carn Bhac and then An Socach :? The route from Carn Bhac to Socach did not look fun :( Maybe i picked them up wrong but i'm sure they said they never had a car at either end so how they were getting back to Dalmunzie am no sure,hitchin' maybe?A long hard day anyway,certainly one for a long summer day :crazy: Good luck with that if you go for it :lol:
pigeon
Munro compleatist

Postby Meatball » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:11 pm

I'll prob split it over two trips! Lol
Meatball

Postby PeteR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 pm

These two not on your top 10 Munros list then pigeon :lol:

I did Carn Bhac from this approach and quite enjoyed the walk in. Didn't care much for the bog though and then got no summit views for all my efforts :lol: Did BIM from Dalmunzie as part of a threesome. Much better approach, but part of an even longer day :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:158
Grahams:89   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:176   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby Bod » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Well doen there pigeon and co! Valerie, Gavin and I did something not far off identical to you there, and were lucky to have a great day weatherwise earlier this summer. The rewards were the bonnie views on the walk-in and BIM was an interesting broad bending ridge :D
Long walk home though (always plan for that, otherwise a pint could be a risk) :clap:
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:51
Grahams:30   Donalds:20
Sub 2000:42   Hewitts:9
Wainwrights:7   Islands:24

Postby basscadet » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:02 am

Aye, a right good leg stretch this one :lol: BLM is a bit steep from carn Bhac side.. gruelling with a heavy pack if I remember rightly, I have never done any hills round there without camping out.. Well done :wink:
basscadet
Munro compleatist

Munros:84   Corbetts:52
Grahams:18   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:34   Hewitts:13
Wainwrights:17   Islands:21

Postby Johnny Corbett » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:34 pm

Yip it looks a long walk in allright, although i wouldn't know because i biked in :lol:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:21   Corbetts:207
Grahams:162   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:286   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby pigeon » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:59 pm

Bod wrote:Well doen there pigeon and co! Valerie, Gavin and I did something not far off identical to you there, and were lucky to have a great day weatherwise earlier this summer. The rewards were the bonnie views on the walk-in and BIM was an interesting broad bending ridge :D
Long walk home though (always plan for that, otherwise a pint could be a risk) :clap:
PeteR wrote:These two not on your top 10 Munros list then pigeon :lol:

I did Carn Bhac from this approach and quite enjoyed the walk in. Didn't care much for the bog though and then got no summit views for all my efforts :lol: Did BIM from Dalmunzie as part of a threesome. Much better approach, but part of an even longer day :D
Thank s guys :thumbup:
basscadet wrote:Aye, a right good leg stretch this one :lol: BLM is a bit steep from carn Bhac side.. gruelling with a heavy pack if I remember rightly, I have never done any hills round there without camping out.. Well done :wink:
Don't fancy hauling the campin' stuff round that way BC :crazy:
Johnny Corbett wrote:Yip it looks a long walk in allright, although i wouldn't know because i biked in :lol:
Na,we now consider biking cheatin' Johnny(only cos' none of us have good one :lol: :wink: )
pigeon
Munro compleatist

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).
Previous

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland