walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Giving it another go....

Giving it another go....

Postby fazerboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Dumyat

Date walked: 30/09/2012

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 6.25 km

Ascent: 272m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ello.... first post on the forum .... so again .... ello :wink:

had a little shot at Ben Lomond a few years ago and kinda got put off Hill Walking ( its a long story lol ) also i didn't quite finish it ...so.... this September i was in Tenerife and did a walk down the Masca Gorge ( ill do a report for that later...)had a fantastic time so decided to give it another go..... I do a lot of Landscape Photography ( you can see it here http://jmclachlan.com ) and want to get some .... shall we say ... higher up shots :P and from the shots that you guys show on your walk reports its very impressive and gagging to get my lens round some of these hills ..

Started off on Dumyat Hill with my friend..... was a wee bit puffed out but had a great day with great views... want to get a bit more fitter before bring out the camera and wanted to concentrate on the walking first till I'm more confident .... did take a few shots with my phone though....

fazerboy
Mountaineer

Munros:2   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:5   

Re: Giving it another go....

Postby hills » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:08 pm

Your photo's are very good. well done doing this, good luck with the next challenge..
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

Postby ScottishLeaf » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Well done on getting up Dumyat, it's a good, iconic, wee hill to start on. It was my first hillwalk as well when I was a kid and then again earlier this year when the bug bit!
Good luck on your quest :)
ScottishLeaf
Hill Bagger

Munros:114   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:11

Postby fazerboy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 pm

thanks guys :) ... was good fun on that hill ..... really enjoyed it ..... at the weekend there me and my buddy done Ben Chonzie my first Munro so making progress ! lol
fazerboy
Mountaineer

Munros:2   Corbetts:1
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland