walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

drumcroy hill

drumcroy hill

Postby buggerlugs » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:41 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Drumcroy Hill

Date walked: 04/11/2012

Time taken: 1.15 hours

Distance: 6.5 km

Ascent: 208m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

after struggling through thigh deep snow and zero visability on beinn a chuallaich, sods law dictated that on arriving back at the car the weather would be 100 times better. it was much too nice to return home so i decided to have a wander up a nearby sub 2000, drumcroy hill.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

i parked just off the tummel bridge to trinafour road, at the entrance for over bohespic where there is plenty of space.
start point.JPG
i walked past the cottage on my left and after about 600m turned left at a junction
left turn.JPG
after nearly 2km the main track goes right but i followed a smaller track straight on
straight on.JPG
i followed this track untill its end then took a compass bearing and headed off right into the trees
head right.JPG
at this point you just pick your way through the trees and fire breaks in roughly the right direction. eventually i came across an old drystone wall at which point i turned right and followed the wall all the way to the top of drumcroy hill
top of drumcroy hill.JPG
i had a wander about to make sure there was no higher ground about, checked grid reference and height, because there is no view due to all the trees at the summit
drumcroy hill from slopes of beinn a chuallaich.JPG
buggerlugs
Munro compleatist

Munros:237   Corbetts:87
Grahams:71   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:72   Hewitts:20
Wainwrights:32   Islands:2

Re: drumcroy hill

Postby hills » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:26 pm

Nice to see again, got thwarted on this hill quite close to the summit by fallen trees and deep snow, did go back though and finished the job..
hills
Munro compleatist

Munros:215   Corbetts:109
Grahams:109   Donalds:65
Sub 2000:157   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:8   

Postby Stuart Angus » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 pm

Hey, hey, hey :wave: how you doing? Nice wee saunter this.........if you like trees :lol: that is :thumbup: Congratulations on your recent escapade on the Aonach Eagach too, tremendous :thumbup:
Stuart Angus

Munros:81   Corbetts:6
Grahams:3   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:4   

Postby buggerlugs » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Stuart Angus wrote:Hey, hey, hey :wave: how you doing? Nice wee saunter this.........if you like trees :lol: that is :thumbup: Congratulations on your recent escapade on the Aonach Eagach too, tremendous :thumbup:

doing fine....yourself? yeah its an easy enough walk till you get near the top, then like Hills says it is quite bad for fallen trees etc. i cant recommend the aonach eagach highly enough, get out there and do it, you will love it. i am try to talk my daughter into doing it, just so i have a reason to do it again!
buggerlugs
Munro compleatist

Munros:237   Corbetts:87
Grahams:71   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:72   Hewitts:20
Wainwrights:32   Islands:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland