walkhighlands

This board helps you to share your walking route experiences in England and Wales... or overseas.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Troutbeck Six

Troutbeck Six


Postby ChrisG » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Wainwrights included on this walk: Froswick, Ill Bell, Sallows, Sour Howes, Troutbeck Tongue, Yoke

Hewitts included on this walk: Froswick, Ill Bell, Yoke

Date walked: 12/11/2012

Time taken: 7

Distance: 17.3 km

Ascent: 1003m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Great walk this one but a bit wet and boggy in places would be better done on a nice frosty morning. Conditions were not very conducive to photography and these hills are not very photogenic, so just a couple of rather poor images sorry.


our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts



598608_10151229064129367_979836125_n.jpg


295760_10151229064339367_1692437363_n.jpg


305651_10151229063979367_1342747517_n.jpg
User avatar
ChrisG
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 357
Munros:26   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5
Joined: Jun 8, 2010
Location: Colne, Lancashire

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby ChrisW » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:23 am

No apologies necessary Chris, that first pic is worth the visit alone :wink:
User avatar
ChrisW
Scrambler
 
Posts: 4940
Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Grahams:3   
Sub 2000:6   
Joined: Jan 25, 2011
Location: Cochrane- Alberta - Canada

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby ChrisG » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

ChrisW wrote:No apologies necessary Chris, that first pic is worth the visit alone :wink:


Thank, your very kind :)
User avatar
ChrisG
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 357
Munros:26   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5
Joined: Jun 8, 2010
Location: Colne, Lancashire

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby SusieThePensioner » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Getting out and walking is the most important thing and having those photos is a bonus :D
User avatar
SusieThePensioner
 
Posts: 1543
Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Grahams:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:156   
Joined: Sep 7, 2011
Location: County Durham

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby ChrisG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:Getting out and walking is the most important thing and having those photos is a bonus :D

I walk to carry my camera to interesting places, its not just something i take along with me, so i disagree for me theres no point walking without it xx
User avatar
ChrisG
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 357
Munros:26   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5
Joined: Jun 8, 2010
Location: Colne, Lancashire

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby SusieThePensioner » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:51 pm

ChrisG wrote:I walk to carry my camera to interesting places, its not just something i take along with me, so i disagree for me theres no point walking without it xx
Fair point :D
However, I am now disabled and unable to walk very far anymore, so, from my point of view it's great for people to be able to get out walking :thumbup:
User avatar
SusieThePensioner
 
Posts: 1543
Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Grahams:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:156   
Joined: Sep 7, 2011
Location: County Durham

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby ChrisG » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:02 pm

SusieThePensioner wrote:
ChrisG wrote:I walk to carry my camera to interesting places, its not just something i take along with me, so i disagree for me theres no point walking without it xx
Fair point :D
However, I am now disabled and unable to walk very far anymore, so, from my point of view it's great for people to be able to get out walking :thumbup:

well you hadn't given me all the facts now had you if it was a choice health or camera I have my health every time, I've not been walking for long but i would find it very hard to have to stop so I feel for you
User avatar
ChrisG
Mountain Walker
 
Posts: 357
Munros:26   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:141
Wainwrights:214   Islands:5
Joined: Jun 8, 2010
Location: Colne, Lancashire

Re: Troutbeck Six

Postby SusieThePensioner » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:59 am

ChrisG wrote:well you hadn't given me all the facts now had you if it was a choice health or camera I have my health every time, I've not been walking for long but i would find it very hard to have to stop so I feel for you


Thank you :D Now I can't get out walking I've taken up landscape photography which, I know it sounds daft, gives me a different challenge :lol:
User avatar
SusieThePensioner
 
Posts: 1543
Munros:6   Corbetts:3
Grahams:4   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:156   
Joined: Sep 7, 2011
Location: County Durham

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).



Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?



Return to Walk reports - Outside Scotland

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests