walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Loch Ard and Ghleannain Loch

Loch Ard and Ghleannain Loch

Postby Chantal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Route description: Loch Àrd and Ghleannain Loch, near Aberfoyle

Date walked: 19/01/2013

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 6.75 km

Ascent: 160m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I set off on this walk with my mum at 1120hrs. There was a little confusion as the walk starts at a cross roads and there are other trails to walk. With a little halp from some very nice strangers we were off. It was a pleasant stroll past the Ghleanain loch and some teenagers out doing some orienteering for the Duke of Edinburgh award. The lochan was frozen over at this time and was very pretty. We managed to miss the sound boxes but found the picnic table with the fighting squirrels. This is where we stopped for a spot of lunch with the nices strangers from earlier, George, Anne and Anne i think their names were. This was at 1215hrs. We sat for half an hour but it was a little to cold to stop for longer. The next stretch of the walk i enjoyed by Loch Ard with its path rising and falling like a roller coaster. We ended the walk back at the car park at 1410.
Attachments
Loch Ard 05.JPG
Ghleannain Loch
Loch Ard 15.JPG
Loch Ard
Loch Ard 17.JPG
View of Loch Ard Through the Acorn
Loch Ard 22.JPG
Loch Ard
Chantal

Munros:8   
Grahams:2   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland