walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Carn a Gheoidh

Carn a Gheoidh

Postby rob munbett » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:59 am

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Ghèoidh

Date walked: 08/10/2012

Time taken: 2 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I had been up on the western Glenshee hills many years ago but had always been unlucky with the weather and had never had a view so on this day, on a drive home from a long weekend, the weather was so fine that I couldn't resist a short leg-stretcher over to Carn A Gheoidh. From the ski-centre car park I dashed up the horrible road in Butchart's Corrie to the col and simply followed the well-worn track over Carn nan Sac to the summit of the Munro. It was surprisingly quiet and peaceful and once away from all the ski paraphernalia, there was a sense of remoteness which seemed strange, given the proximity of the road, cafes and tows. The summit was a wonderful viewpoint on this day and I spent a while enjoying the surrounding hills.

P1010287.JPG
The route of ascent over Carn nan Sac
P1010292.JPG
The summit cairn
P1010290.JPG
Glas Tulaichean from the summit
P1010295.JPG
The return route looking over to The Cairnwell and Carn Aosda
rob munbett
Hill Bagger

Munros:257   Corbetts:133
Fionas:70   Donalds:53
Sub 2000:97   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:40   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland