walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

2out of 3 aint bad

2out of 3 aint bad

by quoman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Ghluasaid, Sgùrr nan Conbhairean

Date walked: 21/03/2013

Time taken: 6.15 hours

Distance: 13.27 km

Ascent: 1100m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: 2out of 3 aint bad

Postby ceaser » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:29 pm

good video wullie ,pity aboot the weather and having to miss oot the last hill !
ceaser
Walker

Munros:90   Corbetts:52
Fionas:6   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:8

Postby quoman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:36 am

Scotjamie wrote:Nice one Quoman et al.
Enjoyed that, and not only did you return safely, but you get to return to these - some of my favourite hills

hi Scotjamie,The weather just turned really quickly as we went to the second hill..and i canny wait to get backup there in the better weather,

jonny616 wrote:Great vid Quoman. looks like the weather started well. This time last year the temp was in the 20's & i got sun burnt doing the Loch Fyne munro :lol:

Cheers jonny616 ...Aye i was sitting in my speedo's last year out the back lol

PeteR wrote:Nice video and very apt music :D A shame you only bagged the two, but this is a great walk and so the inevitable return will be well worth it :D Hopefully the snow will have gone by then :crazy:

Hi PeterR... The tune was stuck in my head all the way back down the hills plus on the way home lol.

Rottiewalker wrote:good video wullie, enjoyed day out just unfortunate we didnt nanage the three, always an excuse to go back up an try again in better weather cheers

Aye it sure is we will get back up there in the better weather for sure.
quoman
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:10
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:2   

Postby quoman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:42 am

ceaser wrote:good video wullie ,pity aboot the weather and having to miss oot the last hill !

Hi ceaser.. it was just one of these's things safty first, with the sad news in the last couple of months.
quoman
Mountaineer

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:22 pm

Yep, well done on getting the two under these conditions, pretty hard going. Enjoyed the video, good stuff for your first try, an excellent record of your day and something to show the grandchildren :D As already been mentioned, that ice axe position? looks a bit risky to me. At least your getting out there :clap:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby rockhopper » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Good stuff and sounds like you made the right decision - hope you get good weather when you return - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby quoman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:20 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:Yep, well done on getting the two under these conditions, pretty hard going. Enjoyed the video, good stuff for your first try, an excellent record of your day and something to show the grandchildren :D As already been mentioned, that ice axe position? looks a bit risky to me. At least your getting out there :clap:

Cheers Rodmiester..yeh the grand daughter love's looking at all the picture's when i put then on the laptop :) :)

rockhopper wrote:Good stuff and sounds like you made the right decision - hope you get good weather when you return - cheers :)

We sure did..cant wait to get back up there ave still plenty to do in that area.
quoman
Mountaineer

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland