walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Sgluich via Glen Stockdale.

Beinn Sgluich via Glen Stockdale.

Postby Johnny Corbett » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Beinn Sgluich

Date walked: 29/03/2013

Time taken: 4.1 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Started beside Kinlochlaich Farm after the lady in the cottage kindly gave us permission to park. We took the track that leads through Glen Stockdale, leaving it at a gate where the track becomes a path. Here we made our way up a grassy field and headed for the ridge. You can stay on the path till you come to trees and head to the summit this way but we opted for the ridge and returned via the path. A few wee ups and downs before we reached the summit and nice views as we went. As said after reaching the summit we made our way down to the path and back out to the car via the Glen. I had hoped to combine this with the neighbouring Sub but it took a bit longer than expected to get to Beinn Sgluich, so the other one will wait for another day. A great walk with stunning views, Arriving back at car 4hrs 15mins after setting off.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Fort 002.JPG
Loch Linnhe & Lismore

Fort 003.JPG
Where we left the track

Fort 004.JPG
Going up the field

Fort 005.JPG
Our route

Fort 006.JPG
A look back to Loch Linnhe

Fort 007.JPG
Loch Linnhe

Fort 008.JPG
View down the ridge

Fort 010.JPG
Kingairloch

Fort 011.JPG
Loch Linnhe

Fort 012.JPG
Beinn a' Bheithir

Fort 013.JPG
Loch Linnhe

Fort 014.JPG
Us at the summit

Fort 015.JPG
Eilean Balnagowan

Fort 016.JPG
Kingairloch

Fort 018.JPG
Back at the start
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Re: Beinn Sgluich via Glen Stockdale.

Postby orion » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:54 pm

There`s a nice wee knobbly ridge on top,isn`t there ? Cracking views down the Firth of Lorne as well :D

I came up from Salachan Glen to the north via the old RoW and then cut up to the summit where I lay around in the sunshine for a few hours 8)
Attachments
firth of lorne.jpg
orion

Postby hills » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Lovely JC. Glen Stockdale is very nice eh, I mind doing this hill well, we walked much further into the glen than you did, then headed straight up the hill, so we suddenly got these wonderful sea views just as we reached the summit, brilliant... 8)
hills
Hill Bagger

Munros:255   Corbetts:170
Fionas:172   Donalds:88
Sub 2000:191   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:32   Islands:34

Postby Johnny Corbett » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:38 pm

orion wrote:There`s a nice wee knobbly ridge on top,isn`t there ? Cracking views down the Firth of Lorne as well :D

I came up from Salachan Glen to the north via the old RoW and then cut up to the summit where I lay around in the sunshine for a few hours 8)
Cheers. Yeah we went over that ridge. I took a photo of it but didn't post it. A great walk :D
hills wrote:Lovely JC. Glen Stockdale is very nice eh, I mind doing this hill well, we walked much further into the glen than you did, then headed straight up the hill, so we suddenly got these wonderful sea views just as we reached the summit, brilliant... 8)
Thanks, it's a lovely Glen. We spent most of the time looking back at the views as we went up the ridge. :D
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby Bod » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Very nice, a cracking walk the pair of you! Lovely part of the country :wink: :D :D
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:51   Islands:25

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland