walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A random Glenshee 4

A random Glenshee 4

Postby hutchy1 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Date walked: 24/04/2013

Time taken: 6.5 hours

Distance: 9 km

Ascent: 942m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Whilst stopping in Edingburugh for a week id decided to do 6 Munros on the right of the A93 to give my tally a boost :) . I arrived at the car park 2 Km before the Glenshee ski center at 8am. I set of down the short grassy bank from the car park adjusting my walking pole as i went then slipped and slid down the bank in the splits position i thought my walk was over before it had began as i thought id torn my hamstring :( however after a 10 min sit down and a brew the pain had eased so decided to carry on heading SE along the Allt Coire a Bhathiach and up to the col between Meall Gorm and Creag Leacach
027.JPG
028.JPG
Then headed NE to Creag Leacach summit with the hamstring becoming a little tender again and i was thinking i would probably have to rethink my plans as progress was fairly slow
031.JPG
032.JPG
so i headed for Meall Odhar rather disappointed i reached the road just up from the ski center and had some sandwiches and a brew the leg now feeling fine bloomin typical :roll: so then thought its only short pull up to Cairnwell so decided to give it a go
036.JPG
i was surprised how close Carn Aosda was
038.JPG
so headed off northwards passed Loch Vrotachan
040.JPG
to the summit of Carn Aosda
043.JPG
045.JPG
i decended down along the ski tow run to a near deserted ski center and along the A93 to the car park
Attachments
030.JPG
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:20
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland