walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cairn Mon Earn - Nice Little Run

Cairn Mon Earn - Nice Little Run

Postby Sean0510 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:00 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Cairn-mon-earn

Date walked: 11/05/2013

Time taken: 1.25 hours

Distance: 8 km

Ascent: 226m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

With my recent ascent over Morrone, I felt I needed something a little less challenging and closer to home. This seemed like the ideal choice.

I decided to try and keep fit so I had a little run up and down the hill. It's steeper than I thought :lol: but I will definitely be back as the views are brilliant!

If I had just walked, would've taken around 2 hours or so. It's true what others have told me, I definitely have the bug for this now :)

Photos of my day is below.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.jpg
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
6a.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
Sean0510
Mountain Walker

Munros:4   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland