walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn na Gainimh and the Amulree Grahams

Beinn na Gainimh and the Amulree Grahams

Postby gmr82 » Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn na Gainimh, Meall nan Caorach, Meall Reamhar

Date walked: 12/05/2013

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 26.6 km

Ascent: 1479m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

-
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by gmr82 on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmr82
Mountain Walker

Munros:27   Corbetts:7
Fionas:21   Donalds:51
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:3   

Re: Beinn na Gainimh and the Amulree Grahams

Postby Gordie12 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:20 am

Hi gmr82

I was looking at doing these hills in the next couple of weeks while I'm on holiday - think I'll leave them now till later on in the year!!!!!!!!!!!
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Postby Johnny Corbett » Mon May 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Another good days training for the Munros, although you'll soon find out some of these little ones can be tougher than Munros. :wink:
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Postby wjshaw2 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks for the name check :) . Beinn na Gainimh does look like a steep then boggy thing. Thanks for the report, I was thinking of heading up there next time I only had a short day. The red kites are around - I saw a couple over the hills to the south of there (Beinn Tarsuinn and The Scurran) this winter.
wjshaw2
Mountain Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:64
Fionas:65   Donalds:76
Sub 2000:164   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:15   

Postby gmr82 » Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Gordie12 wrote:Hi gmr82

I was looking at doing these hills in the next couple of weeks while I'm on holiday - think I'll leave them now till later on in the year!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright Gordie, how's the long distance training going? The Amulree Grahams will be no problem if you did fancy a trip round that way, they've got a excellent track (no issues with bog etc) leading up to both, only Beinn na Gainimh has 'water' issues!

Johnny Corbett wrote:Another good days training for the Munros, although you'll soon find out some of these little ones can be tougher than Munros. :wink:

Very true, I've been researching a lot of Munro routes recently and have discovered the same, though I'm not going to naively assume its always about distance/ascent etc. Its always funny when you can find a multiple Sub 2000 route that has higher ascent stats than a multiple Munro route!

wjshaw2 wrote:Thanks for the name check :)

I'll be expecting my referral fee via Paypal asap :lol:
gmr82
Mountain Walker

Munros:27   Corbetts:7
Fionas:21   Donalds:51
Sub 2000:39   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:3   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland