walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Narnain, Beinn Ime and some sunburn

Beinn Narnain, Beinn Ime and some sunburn

Postby Backpacker » Sat May 25, 2013 7:03 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 25/05/2013

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 15.5 km

Ascent: 1430m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

What a cracking day for a spot of hillwalking. I headed off this morning to Arrochar at 0530 :crazy: arriving about 0630, where it was me and A.N Other going by the only other car in the car park.

I had thought about doing the WH route (ie heading straight up Narnain) but decided against it and followed the path to above the tree line then cut across. After sweating, cursing, swearing and going "WTF am I doing" it finally levelled out and I made my way over past the Trig point and down the other side to tackle Ime, the views from up there were absolutely stunning, just wish I hadn't forgotten my camera/phone.

After Narnain, Ime was far easier, though it still didn't stop the umpteen breaks to let my heart and lungs catch up with my legs, I thought Ime was a bit dull, till I reached the summit and wow, what a view, definitely wish I had my camera with me now.

After a wee 10 min break I headed back down and the path passed The Cobbler was like central station with people and groups out for the day. After reaching the car it was a quick change before heading to the village inn for a well earned pint before heading home, where despite wearing SF50 sun screen, I'm nursing not only sore and stiff but sunburnt legs.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by Backpacker on Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Backpacker
Munro compleatist

Munros:18   Corbetts:115
Fionas:38   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:57   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Re: Beinn Narnain, Beinn Ime and some sunburn

Postby LadyRiaghain » Sat May 25, 2013 9:22 pm

Climbed these two last summer in the midst of midge-hell and with a bad knee, so I feel your pain! It was worth it though. Hope your legs recover soon.
LadyRiaghain
Hill Bagger

Munros:75   Corbetts:45
Fionas:23   Donalds:20
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:67
Wainwrights:72   

Re: Beinn Narnain, Beinn Ime and some sunburn

Postby nbrannigan » Sat May 25, 2013 11:46 pm

I came down the front of Beinn Marian and almost died but it was a good day our.
nbrannigan
Stravaiging

Munros:265   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland