walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

It can be great (sometimes) when a plan doesn’t come off :-)

It can be great (sometimes) when a plan doesn’t come off :-)

by PeteR » Mon May 27, 2013 9:21 pm

Route description: Beinn Bhrotain and Monadh Mòr , from Glen Feshie

Munros included on this walk: Monadh Mòr, Mullach Clach a' Bhlàir, Sgòr Gaoith

Date walked: 25/05/2013

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: It can be great (sometimes) when a plan doesn’t come off

Postby PeteR » Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 pm

:lol: :lol:
pigeon wrote:Another belter Pete,301 photos :lol: That's more than i take in a year :D

Cheers pigeon. The photie count was a bit extreme on this walk I have to admit :lol: :lol: :lol: No wonder it took me so long :lol: Damn fine day though :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:122   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby PeteR » Tue May 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Sabbathstevie wrote:Fantastic stuff Pete. :clap: Some stunning pics there - I love when someone posts a report with different pics of a popular area that reveals more of its hidden side to us that haven't yet made the trek.

I'm also guilty of spending far too much of my time planning for walks... :lol:

Cheers Sabbsthstevie. Monadh Mor from this direction is a pretty good walk in itself. I was just being greedy and adding on two more :D
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby Graeme D » Wed May 29, 2013 11:46 am

Stunning stuff Pete! I'd say the wee point and click performed pretty well. My trusty Canon Ixus 500 has just died after providing most of the photos on my 5 years worth of trip reports on here, and I'm looking for a replacement. I've got a lot of research to do to find something that compares at a reasonable price. As for the planning - that's almost as much fun as the walk itself! :D
Graeme D

Munros:251   Corbetts:124
Fionas:75   Donalds:22
Sub 2000:62   Hewitts:36
Wainwrights:28   Islands:6

Postby Fife Flyer » Wed May 29, 2013 12:16 pm

Great report Pete & you certainly had the weather, those are the sort of days we all dream about :wink:
300 foto's that's quite a few to wade through, luckily we are now in the digital age which is so much easier - those of us who remember camera's with films inside, then getting them developed only to find most of them are p**h :lol:
Fife Flyer
Munro compleatist

Munros:272   Corbetts:58
Fionas:39   Donalds:89+33
Sub 2000:134   Hewitts:2
Islands:5

Postby PeteR » Wed May 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Graeme D wrote:Stunning stuff Pete! I'd say the wee point and click performed pretty well. My trusty Canon Ixus 500 has just died after providing most of the photos on my 5 years worth of trip reports on here, and I'm looking for a replacement. I've got a lot of research to do to find something that compares at a reasonable price. As for the planning - that's almost as much fun as the walk itself! :D

Cheers Graeme. You're right on the planning.....I just wish that once in a while I would do the work I'd spent all the time planning :lol:

Cameras are a mystery to me, which is why I stick with "point-and-click" :lol: I've looked up market a few times, but could never make a decision on what might be the best option :?
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Postby PeteR » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

Fife Flyer wrote:Great report Pete & you certainly had the weather, those are the sort of days we all dream about :wink:
300 foto's that's quite a few to wade through, luckily we are now in the digital age which is so much easier - those of us who remember camera's with films inside, then getting them developed only to find most of them are p**h :lol:

Just a perfect day Fife Flyer :lol:

If I was still in the 35mm cartridge age then I'm pretty sure I'd have stopped at 36 :lol: :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland