walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

fine afternoon on Stac Pollaidh

fine afternoon on Stac Pollaidh

Postby litljortindan » Thu May 30, 2013 12:56 pm

Route description: Stac Pollaidh ridge and circuit

Grahams included on this walk: Stac Pollaidh

Date walked: 26/08/2011

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 4 km

Ascent: 500m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My ninth visit to Stac Pollaidh I think. Not great light for photography it seems but turned out well on video. Made a mental note to point video camera down as well as horizontally as my experience of 2010's eighth visit was that pointing ahead simply didn't do the hill justice what with its many gullies and great views down to the road and the lochs around. Weather forecast for this ninth visit was, if I recall rightly, for a clear morning with cloud building from mid afternoon which was exactly how it turned out. The cloud seemed to help the video camera a lot.

CIMG1166.JPG
pinnacle backed by Ben Mor Coigach
CIMG1182.JPG
figures on skyline reveal grand scale of this small hill
CIMG1120.JPG
Cul Beag and Loch Lurgainn
litljortindan
Mountaineer

Munros:115   Corbetts:58
Grahams:27   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland