walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

FisherField Six - from Kinlochewe in one day!

FisherField Six - from Kinlochewe in one day!

by fipriestley » Fri May 31, 2013 9:25 pm

Route description: Fisherfield 6, from Shenavall

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlaidheimh

Date walked: 29/05/2013

Time taken: 18 hours

Distance: 50 km

Ascent: 3000m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: FisherField Six - from Kinlochewe in one day!

Postby th3 b4gger » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:26 pm

A major epic! Well done. Great Photos too especially the last one of the sunset.

The route (horseshoe the hard way) reminds me of something similar we did a few years ago:
Park at Affric car park at 0800hr. Bike past Strawberry Cottage then up An Socath, on to Ceathreamhnan and Mullach na Dheiragain. Then the stupidity: Down and up to Beinn Fhionlaidh followed by a contouring expedition missing Carn Eighe and Mam Soul - this bit not to be recommended! Reached car at 2315 . . .
th3 b4gger
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:55
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Hewitts:135
Wainwrights:214   

Postby burnsider » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:06 am

Gads - I did Beinn a'Chlaidheimh and Sgurr Ban from Braemore yesterday and thought that was a long hard day. These young people...
burnsider
Mountain Walker

Munros:127   Corbetts:28
Fionas:9   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   

Postby fipriestley » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:23 am

Thanks for all the lovely comments :thumbup: Delighted with the Webtogs win too :D

dibs wrote:Nice meeting you both on Sunday on Derry Cairngorm. Our chat on Sunday and this report has me and Ali planning the fisherfields now for the 21st and 22nd June. Probably do it on the 21st and recover on the 22nd.

Great report :clap:

maybe see you guys in Skye :crazy:
Hi dibs :wave: Excellent! Good luck with the big walk - and yes, hope to see you again in Skye.... shameless plug - 16-18Aug in Sligachan, Walkhighlands summer meet :wink:

th3 b4gger wrote:A major epic! Well done. Great Photos too especially the last one of the sunset.

The route (horseshoe the hard way) reminds me of something similar we did a few years ago:
Park at Affric car park at 0800hr. Bike past Strawberry Cottage then up An Socath, on to Ceathreamhnan and Mullach na Dheiragain. Then the stupidity: Down and up to Beinn Fhionlaidh followed by a contouring expedition missing Carn Eighe and Mam Soul - this bit not to be recommended! Reached car at 2315 . . .
Sounds familiar - 6 from Strawberry Cottage :lol: :lol:
fipriestley
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:77
Fionas:7   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:5   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:3   

Postby ochilbhoy » Mon May 01, 2017 2:16 pm

Just back from doing it over two days amazing walk, think you called it right guys going light, I camped overnight and carried to much, close to a broken man at the end of second day never so glad to see my car, also filled up on snow for water what a treat that ice filled water was,to do it in one day fantastic effort :clap:
ochilbhoy
Munro compleatist

Munros:220   Corbetts:7
Fionas:2   Donalds:2

Postby Grisu » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:36 pm

What an adventure! CONGRATULATION!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Grisu
Walker

Munros:100   Corbetts:3
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:27   

28 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland