walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Meall na Leitreach, a fine start to an active weekend

Meall na Leitreach, a fine start to an active weekend

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Route description: Meall na Leitreach, from Dalnaspidal

Corbetts included on this walk: Meall na Leitreach

Date walked: 31/05/2013

Time taken: 1.8 hours

Distance: 7.66 km

Ascent: 382m

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was to be a start of four days walking hills of one sort or another, I was on my way to Inverness and had identified this wee Corbett as an ideal leg warmer and hopefully get off the hill

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

before the forecast rain shower about lunchtime had arrived. I left the car at the level crossing parking area at Dalnaspidal Lodge and was ready for the off at 0945hrs.
1.JPG
Level crossing parking area. After crossing the railway line I took the track on the right before coming to the entrance gates to Dalnaspidal Lodge. After passing through the gate and walked towards the bridge over the Allt Dubhaig
2.JPG
The track heading off along the North side of Loch Garry. I turned off to the left and walked alongside the river glade towards the bridge over the outlet of Loch Garry
3.JPG
The bridge over the outlet. Once over the bridge I walked back East a few meters to pick up a ATV track heading up the North East shoulder of Meall na Leitreach adjacent to a stream on my right. This track takes you right up to the small cairn gradually heading West along the summit
4.JPG
View looking back up the Drumochter Pass from the ATV track
5.JPG
View South West from the small cairn towards the summit
6.JPG
At the summit crest the ATV track passes the summit cairn on the North, there is about 100m of path off the track towards the summit cairn
7.JPG
View from summit cairn looking SW over Loch Meall na Leitreach and Beinn Mholach
8.JPG
View of Loch Garry and Beinn Udlamain

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Attachments
9.JPG
On the way back a view of Dalnaspidal Lodge, where it would appear a fair bit of improvement work is going on.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:16

3 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland