walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Kintail day 2 The saddle & Sgurr na Sgine

Kintail day 2 The saddle & Sgurr na Sgine

Postby Ian Bayne » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgurr na Sgine, The Saddle

Date walked: 02/06/2013

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 1350m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Weather looks good today started at 8am then headed double quick time up the path by the time I got to the top Gav was already half way up his Graham the rest of us notso keen personnel had a long rest . Once Gav got backdown we made our way to the base of the Forcan Ridge . Pigeon Gav and Chris doing the ridge Me and Jake taking the Doggy route . All for me to do was to follow the dyke around the base of the ridge to the beallach then headed up the trig a well trodden path to the base of the hill then straight up to the trig caught a few glimpses of the gang on the ridge . Then onto the cairn met the intrepid hill climbers then back to the trig for a breather ( catch pigeons report on the ridge no Forcan way was I doing that or even the dog with his 4wd) .
Once the euphoria of the ridge faded it was down to the beallach then up to S Na S which took about an hour a wee break then headed back followed the path to the hill over looking the road then down and down and down a few more muscles in the legs I got back to the car at 1540 about 5mins after the rest a change of tops boots off a poisoning of the ozone layer then the drive back to Rosyth . A good weekend out thanks to Pigeon Gav Chris and Kev the walkers and the base campers Charlie Chistine and Senga .
Attachments
033.JPG
035.JPG
039.JPG
044.JPG
057.JPG
062.JPG
063.JPG
066.JPG
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Grahams:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland