walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tidying Up My Drumochter Pass

Tidying Up My Drumochter Pass

Postby pollyh33 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Route description: A' Mharconaich and Geal Chàrn, Drumochter

Munros included on this walk: A' Bhuidheanach Bheag, A' Mharconaich, Beinn Udlamain, Geal-chàrn (Drumochter), Sgàirneach Mhòr

Date walked: 04/06/2013

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 34 km

Ascent: 1872m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Red and blue balloons all over the place! Time to get a walk planned to get those mucky pups tidied up. :crazy:

With Geal Charn summited yonks ago it was time to head back and bag the other three. I had attempted this a few months ago but the realisation that I can't walk on water meant that a bit of cross dressing and an alternative walk up Meall Chuaich was done instead :lol:

No problems this time. Up over Geal Charn and onto the other three in near perfect conditions saw me complete this lumpy group in under 6 hours and that included an awful lot of fannying about trying to take photos on the self timer. The quality of the photos is pretty poor due to a 30feet drop off Stac Pollaidh last month - the camera, not me! :lol:

Only met one person, lovely Gordon from Livingston who was going in the opposite direction. I agreed that if he was back at Balsporran by the time I headed back for my bike I would give him a lift back to his car. He was and I did :thumbup:

Next bit of tidying up was across the A9. Having previously had a yomp on snowy Carn na Caim with GLW, Alan S and Tomyboy73, it was time to head up to A'Bhuidheanach Bheag. Not the most enjoyable walk but easy enough I suppose- definitely more fun in the snow :D

Thought about GLW and the boys all along this walk and felt quite emotional especially when I was standing at the summit thinking I have just equalled Gammy's munro count on the same walk that I first ventured out with him!! and then received a text from Rocket Ron saying GLW had won WROTM!!! Jeezo I was in floods of tears!!! Happy tears in there too though :D
d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d4.jpg
d5.jpg
d6.jpg
d7.jpg
d8.jpg
d10.jpg
d11.jpg
d12.jpg
Last edited by pollyh33 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Re: Tidying Up My Drumochter Pass

Postby gammy leg walker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:37 pm

pollyh33 wrote:Yippee got even with GLW!!!

Lets see who gets to 150 1st then.xx
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby Alan S » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:27 pm

gammy leg walker wrote:

Me :lol:

Well done polly, top effort :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby pollyh33 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Alan S wrote:
gammy leg walker wrote:

Me :lol:

Well done polly, top effort :D

Cheers Alan, would be good to see you out on the hills again. :lol:

Yeah Willie I'll need to keep my eye on the ball! :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland