walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mullardoch circuit - snow, sun and inversions

Mullardoch circuit - snow, sun and inversions

by rockhopper » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Route description: Càrn Eige and Mam Sodhail

Munros included on this walk: An Riabhachan, An Socach (Affric), An Socach (Mullardoch), Beinn Fhionnlaidh (Càrn Eige), Càrn Eige, Càrn nan Gobhar (Loch Mullardoch), Màm Sodhail, Mullach na Dheiragain, Sgùrr na Lapaich, Sgùrr nan Ceathreamhnan, Toll Creagach, Tom a' Chòinich

Date walked: 07/06/2013

Distance: 59 km

Ascent: 4950m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Mullardoch circuit - snow, sun and inversions

Postby old danensian » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Inspirational

Bet there'll be shed loads of folk trying that now over the next couple of weeks, even if it's just to emulate some of those sunrise shots.

Maybe - just maybe ....

Smashing read.

OD
old danensian

Munros:282   Corbetts:101
Donalds:9
Hewitts:107
Wainwrights:151   

Postby rockhopper » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:52 pm

Just getting back into the swing of things after (non hillwalking :( ) holidays - thanks everyone :)

john928 wrote:As a matter of interest, how much and what food did you take?
I'll send you a PM, john, rather than post here
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:38 pm

Thanks for this. I loved the photos. I did it the day you finished (Saturday), and your pix of the cloud in valley brings it all back. My mobile was just useless. I'd love to have been able to get pix of the Cuillins and Liathach in the distance on the Saturday morning.
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby ChrisW » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 pm

There's little can add to all that has been said already, except that I loved this, it's a great effort that has resulted in some stunning photos and a great report for us lesser mortals to enjoy :lol: Great stuff rockhopper, really enjoyable :clap:
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby Bod » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:15 am

Absolutely, well done! It's all been said but truly inspiring stuff. I still have still got 6 of these to do (I think), so that's me wondering again when and how? :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bod
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:67
Fionas:34   Donalds:21
Sub 2000:44   Hewitts:27
Wainwrights:51   Islands:25

Postby mountain thyme » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Well done RH... Told you it wasn't easy with those packs :)
Great Pics :D
mountain thyme
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:222
Fionas:12   Donalds:11
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby bigkeith » Sun May 26, 2019 11:40 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: . Thanks for the report, RH. Inspirational and very helpful: I'm thinking of walking the hills south of the loch with a one-night bivvy. Hoping to get a boat to the start at the west end of the loch. Will test myself elsewhere first to see if I can realistically do it safely and without suffering (much). It looks like a fantastic area. Great photos - you must be doubly super-fit to get around so quickly and still have the time to take so many pics :)
bigkeith
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:17

Postby rockhopper » Mon May 27, 2019 10:52 am

bigkeith wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: . Thanks for the report, RH. Inspirational and very helpful: I'm thinking of walking the hills south of the loch with a one-night bivvy. Hoping to get a boat to the start at the west end of the loch. Will test myself elsewhere first to see if I can realistically do it safely and without suffering (much). It looks like a fantastic area. Great photos - you must be doubly super-fit to get around so quickly and still have the time to take so many pics :)

Thanks. Hope you have a great time. I'm not that fast.....just get up early, keep going and go to bed late 😉 Currently in a cafe in Helsinki in the middle of a cruise.......looking forward to getting back to the hills.....but too much eating/drinking will mean a lot of work to get fit again..... :roll: :crazy:
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Postby bigkeith » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:19 am

Great report and photos :clap: :clap: :) :) . Very helpful route and water tips. And weather tip :wink: .
bigkeith
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   
Hewitts:17

27 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland