walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben vorlich

ben vorlich

Postby dtr42 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Route description: Ben Vorlich via Loch Sloy

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Date walked: 08/06/2013

Time taken: 3 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

new here and my first report ,have read a few reports on ben vorlich and decided last saturday to have a go in the good weather . this was my 8th munro over the last 3years [ ben nevis and ben lomond where my first 2] anyhoo day started off bad with my 2 mates calling of at 7.30am , decided as i was up and ready was going to go anyway so left glasow just after 8am arrived at inveruglas 8.50am with glorious sunshine and a quick walk up to slow dam then decided to go up the side from top of dam ,i saw the path about quarter a mile before, but decided to try the insane route
WP_20130608_086.jpg
. what can i say ? its a bit of a steep walk with many stops to get my breath/admire the view . about an hour later i reached the path and carried over to the trig point and then the cairn
WP_20130608_047.jpg
, had a nice cup of tea and enjoyed the 18 degree heat , saw some ravens doing there upside down flying [always amazing to watch] decided the insane route back down was a bit of an oooh eeer so took the path [very steep and slippy in places and a one horned sheeps skull left on the path for some reason?
WP_20130608_099.jpg
]] back to sloy dam road and a quick walk back to the car . realy enjoyed this munro and has set me up to do the cobbler , have already done ben vane [and its false summits] and ben ime but never the cobbler so planning to do this july also
dtr42
Mountaineer

Re: ben vorlich

Postby GillC » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 am

Lovely, did Vorlich yesterday in low cloud, smirry intermittent rain and no view above a few hundred meters, still, had a great time, defo one to redo on a sunny day. Wasn't what I expected from the down beat opinion a lot of people have of the hill, I thought it had something for everyone, magic. :clap:
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

Postby bar72 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Nice pics! also did Vorlich yesterday & like Jill, couldn't see nothing. Still had a great day though.
bar72
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:181
Fionas:70   Donalds:67+40
Sub 2000:73   
Islands:14

Postby ScottishLeaf » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Looks like you had a great day, been a while since I did Ben Vorlich, but it was one of my best days out on the hills. Nice to see some of those views again.
ScottishLeaf
Hill Bagger

Munros:114   Corbetts:6
Fionas:2   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:11

Postby smalltounboy » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Beinn Narnain is quite good to do in conjunction with The Cobbler, you'll be surprised how easy it is to do one after the other...........plus you'll be able to tick off another Munro :wink:
smalltounboy
Stravaiging

Munros:150   Corbetts:12
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:1

Postby dtr42 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:42 pm

smalltounboy wrote:Beinn Narnain is quite good to do in conjunction with The Cobbler, you'll be surprised how easy it is to do one after the other...........plus you'll be able to tick off another Munro :wink:
yeah thats a good idea hopefully before end of july i'll get up and over them both [although i dont think i'll climb on top of the needle like some of the people on here have :wink: .. also its trying to get mates to do some walk's as there idea of a hill walk is more of the nearest pub with 4 steps outside ..
dtr42
Mountaineer

Postby GillC » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:57 am

Ach,,just get yourself out there dtr, Ive been doing more walks on my own this year and have been amazed at how self motivated I was, (mind you,,they have all been on days with clear skies and sunshine lol) If you have plans, post them on the forum, you might get some company along the way. G :clap:
GillC
Munro compleatist

Munros:64   Corbetts:50
Fionas:32   Donalds:30
Sub 2000:22   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:22

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland