walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bauchaille Etive Mor and the A82

Bauchaille Etive Mor and the A82

Postby hutchy1 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 pm

Date walked: 16/06/2013

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 22 km

Ascent: 1001m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

despite varying weather reports i decided a trip to Glencoe for a night in the clachaig and to do the Bauchaille Etive Mor qwhich id wanted to do since first setting eyes on it a couple of years ago as the wife was off work on the Sunday she wanted to see why the clachaig was my fav pub,so after a good night and bad morning :roll: the clachaig has a new fan club member, we then drove to the top of the Glen from the car park i headed into Coire na Tulaich on the west side of the burn.
030.JPG
032.JPG
The view back down the coire
033.JPG
as i approached the final steep ramp to the bealach i crossed the burn to scramble up the Bealach
035.JPG
Stob na Doire from the bealach
036.JPG
from here i headed east and the summit is soon reached
037.JPG
Rannoch Moor
038.JPG
041.JPG
yours truley on the summit
040.JPG
My mate Charlie enjoying the views
042.JPG
i then retraced my syeps back to the bealach and headed south west over Stob na Doire which i think should be a munro when i look at others that are munros rant over :lol:
048.JPG
047.JPG
view to Stob na Broige
as i crossed the ridge towards Stob na Broige Mr Clagg moved in :(
050.JPG
051.JPG
Stob na Broige summit
i then retracedmy steps back along the ridge over Stob Coire Altruim and down into Lairig Gartain
053.JPG
054.JPG
as i returned to the car park no wife an no car and her mobile now out of charge great so i thought ill start walking down the A82 as she would be along to pick me up anytime wrong :roll: 6 miles later after a death walk along the top part of the A82 i found her having a nice chat and several wines she just smiled and said oh your back where you been :crazy: note to self take car keys with me next time :lol:
hutchy1
Mountain Walker

Munros:279   Corbetts:21
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:113
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland