walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Clachnaben snowclimb 2010 - Video report

Clachnaben snowclimb 2010 - Video report

Postby mackieonthemove » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:44 pm

Route description: Clachnaben, Glen Dye

Date walked: 24/01/2010

Time taken: 3 hours

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This is a video report for our walk up Clachnaben in Aberdeenshire.

at bottom it was a fairly mild winters day - at the top it was like almost arctic conditions........ brilliant!!

not the biggest hill but brilliant day out roll on the next one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzuN_0s-uT0[/youtube]
mackieonthemove

Munros:9   
Sub 2000:3   

Re: Clachnaben snowclimb 2010 - Video report

Postby skuk007 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:40 pm

That was great, although it looked a bit nippy.
I think we should post more videos.
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby ChrisW » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:56 pm

Hey, Great video, well edited, I loved it. Your dog looked done for at the end :shock:

Clachnaben is local for me and I've made the climb quite a few times as part of my physiotherapy in fact my avatar is me on top of Clachnaben (though in better conditions :D )

Is there a reason that Clachnaben does not appear on the list of sub 2000's on this site, it is listed in the walks section but not the sub 2000's. Just wondered if I'm missing something obvious :?
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

Postby foggieclimber » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:41 pm

ChrisW wrote:Hey, Great video, well edited, I loved it. Your dog looked done for at the end :shock:

Clachnaben is local for me and I've made the climb quite a few times as part of my physiotherapy in fact my avatar is me on top of Clachnaben (though in better conditions :D )

Is there a reason that Clachnaben does not appear on the list of sub 2000's on this site, it is listed in the walks section but not the sub 2000's. Just wondered if I'm missing something obvious :?

The Sub2000's listed are all Marilyns. Clachnaben isn't a Marilyn.
Doesn't have a 150m drop all round - it is really just a bump of Mount Battock.
foggieclimber

Postby ChrisW » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:21 pm

foggieclimber wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Hey, Great video, well edited, I loved it. Your dog looked done for at the end :shock:

The Sub2000's listed are all Marilyns. Clachnaben isn't a Marilyn.
Doesn't have a 150m drop all round - it is really just a bump of Mount Battock.

Thanks Foggieclimber, I should pay more attention to detail!! Well they do say that you learn something new every day, which is why I joined the site :D
ChrisW
Rambler

Munros:18   Corbetts:5
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:6   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland