walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

ben chonzie

ben chonzie

Postby gammy leg walker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:06 pm

Route description: Ben Chonzie via Glen Lednock

Munros included on this walk: Ben Chonzie

Date walked: 24/02/2008

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 931m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Ben Chonzie was climbed on a very cold and windy day from Ivergeldie with alan and my 2 dogs breagh and kerry,was so cold at the top alan thought his nose was going to fall off with the cold,this was the 1st time i had worn any proper walking gear and what a difference that made as i was warm as toast hee hee :shock:since i 1st climbed this hill i have been back up this munro 3 more times,2nd time was with linda her friend william and my 2 dogs,lots of snow at the top with clear blue sky and could see ben more and most of the crianlarach hills,3rd time was with linda,adele my 2 dogs lindas 2 dogs ,pretty damp day but got a fairly good view from the top,4th time was when i took lisa my eldest lassie up her 1st munro,once above 2000 ft it was all clagged in and lisa was panicking cause thought we had got lost in the fog,with it being her 1st munro she did fairly well and did not moan to much :lol:
005.JPG

ben-chonzie.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

gammy leg walker
Mountaineer

Munros:261   Corbetts:7
Grahams:3   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland