walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Super Strathfarrar Four

Super Strathfarrar Four

by PeteR » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:52 pm

Route description: Glen Strathfarrar Munros circuit

Munros included on this walk: Càrn nan Gobhar (Strathfarrar), Sgùrr a' Choire Ghlais, Sgùrr Fhuar-thuill, Sgùrr na Ruaidhe

Date walked: 07/07/2013

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Super Strathfarrar Four

Postby dogplodder » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Enjoyed that. Nowt wrong with plodding (well I would say that :lol: ). What's with this obsession for doing hills in as short a time as possible? For me it's about savouring the hills and you can't do that if you've no time to stop and soak them in. When I first joined WH I did include times in reports but now I don't as I don't see the relevance. It's fair enough for the guide books to give an estimated time (for planning purposes) but why every Tom, Dick and Harriet feels compelled to share this detail I'm not sure. 8)

No one's making us go out - and it's not a race. We can go any pace we want. :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:25   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby PeteR » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 pm

dogplodder wrote:Enjoyed that. Nowt wrong with plodding (well I would say that :lol: ). What's with this obsession for doing hills in as short a time as possible? For me it's about savouring the hills and you can't do that if you've no time to stop and soak them in. When I first joined WH I did include times in reports but now I don't as I don't see the relevance. It's fair enough for the guide books to give an estimated time (for planning purposes) but why every Tom, Dick and Harriet feels compelled to share this detail I'm not sure. 8)

No one's making us go out - and it's not a race. We can go any pace we want. :D

Thanks dogplodder. As much as I do like the long, challenging days I also appreciate equally just taking time and soaking up the views :D That's certainly something I have appreciated more this year so far. It's a lot of effort to just "nod" at the cairn and keep walking :shock: And I've seen that a few times :lol:
PeteR
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:173
Fionas:121   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:200   Hewitts:3
Islands:9

Postby penelope1 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:58 am

Thanks for this report and lots of interesting photos.

I'm planning a trip to these ones myself this summer and its useful to hear reports from people who walk at 'moderate' speeds, like myself!

After inadvertently getting locked behind the gate on my last trip up there - I intend getting my bum off my car seat and onto my bike so I can enjoy the ride up the glen in style!!
penelope1

Munros:222   Corbetts:87
Fionas:6   Donalds:4

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland