walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

I fought The Law and Ben Cleuch

I fought The Law and Ben Cleuch

Postby Bbbadger » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:15 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Ben Cleuch

Donalds included on this walk: Ben Cleuch

Date walked: 16/07/2013

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 731m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Living in Bo'ness on the Forth estuary, I have looked on to the Ochils from my house for 24 years and have been threatening to climb them for longer. Today was the day that fantasy would be fulfilled.
I used the circular route from WH website and set off with Mrs Bbbadger about 11 am. The weather was cloudy yet dry and during a few breathers we took in the surrounding vista whilst walking up the path above the closed off glen. Crossing the burn we started to ascend The Law. The unrelenting climb made me think I might fight The Law and The Law might win as the song goes. The recent climb of Beinn Each was still fresh in the memory and counting my blessings of cooler temperatures and no cleggs kept the stiff climb in perspective. Once The Law was conquered and egg sandwiches eaten the rest was a cake walk and Ben Cleuch summit was soon reached. The now obligatory Facebook check in complete with summit pictures was done and once the remainder of the piece was finished we descended via Ben Ever, Calf Craig and Rough Knowes. All in all an enjoyable day finished off with coffee and a bun at Sterling Mills retail outlet which in the afternoon sun reminded us of some Spanish factory outlet much favoured in foreign holiday bus trips.
Attachments
image.jpg
Mrs Bbbadger likes it on top!
Bbbadger
Mountaineer

Munros:75   Corbetts:14
Fionas:8   Donalds:15
Sub 2000:34   
Islands:3

Re: I fought The Law and Ben Cleuch

Postby Sarah86 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:50 am

Well done! The Law is a tough wee one! First time I went to Ben Cleuch I avoided it by heading up via Andrew Gannel. When I did get to the Law last year walking up in sunshine, the weather changed to strong winds and heavy rain at the top :lol: Sounds like you had a good day.
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   Islands:1

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland