walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn a" Chroin

Beinn a" Chroin

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chròin

Date walked: 15/03/2009

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 950m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hear we are back down this area to try and complete this set of 3 munros,and once again weather not to good,over cast and grey with rain on the way,but determind to finish what we started.
Left car park with Alan,Linda,and my 2 dogs,followed the landrover track and then got in a bit of a fankle trying to cross the burn that was in spate with all the rain that had fell,Alan the young pup got over easy the old man had 2 or 3 attempts before dipping my feet in the water to get over (whew) then Linda oh dear oh dear thought I was steky,always wondered what it looks like to be waist deep in freezing cold water,now I know,(not for me).
Pretty stiff climb with no views to speak of with low cloud most of the way,quick tap on the top and then a quick descent, some quicker than others,aint that right Alan,to busy trying to get a view and not watching your feet on the way down recipe for a trip or fall,20/30 feet I reckon,once I seen he was ok I wet myself,now in your club Linda hee hee.
Anyway job done finaly got this 3 hills ticked of. :D
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland