walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bagpipes on Beinn Ime

Bagpipes on Beinn Ime

Postby munrobagpiper » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ime, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 26/07/2013

Time taken: 6 hours

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

It has been a while since my last post, and I have actually missed out my day on the 5 sisters of Kintail, but this is just a short one.

I had done Narnain previously, and was under the impression, that Beinn Ime, was just a simple progression, so off I went up Narnain. It was a slog in the heat, but I made it to the top with little dramas.

paint.jpg
Stunning views

However, as I reached the top, I came to the realisation, that Beinn Ime, wasn't the simple walk along the ridge I stupidly thought it was. It was the serious descent and ascent the other direction!! My heart sunk, at the prospect of having to go down such a distance, to have to climb up Ime! But, not being the type to go home having only done half the job, I carried on.

The cloud was coming and going at the top, and as I met people coming down, they said they didn't get views, then another group said they got great ones. Was a bit of a lottery.

paint 5.jpg
Piping in the mist

As it turned out, the cloud coming and going gave a fantastic back drop for my photos. I spent about an hour taking from different angles, as the views changed constantly.

IMG_2097.JPG

Due to my lack of computer skills, i am only able to post a few on here, but they can all be viewed on my facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Munrobagpiper?fref=ts

That is number 24 since January bagpiped, and I am hoping to tick off many more in August and September, so keep an eye out for my charity developments.
munrobagpiper
Hill Bagger

Munros:106   Corbetts:3

Re: Bagpipes on Beinn Ime

Postby gammy leg walker » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Long may you continue to play your bagpipes on the hills.
gammy leg walker
Walker

Munros:261   Corbetts:7
Grahams:3   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7

Postby UncleSimes » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 pm

A great mission, keep up the good work! :clap:
UncleSimes
Hill Bagger

Munros:215   
Hewitts:1

Postby andyroog » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:00 pm

An iconic pic of piping on the mountains brilliant luv it well done
andyroog
Backpacker

Munros:21   
Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:15   

Postby Jimmy Craghopper » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:53 am

well done do you intend too pipe them all, if soo hope to meet and hear u somewere :lol:
Jimmy Craghopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:40
Grahams:10   
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby tina bonar » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:18 am

Some braw photos there,more power to your pibroch!
tina bonar
Walker

Munros:157   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:1   

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland