walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

"WEE GUY" rescues a lost dog from Munro summit!

"WEE GUY" rescues a lost dog from Munro summit!

by davedanson28 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Munros included on this walk: Meall Ghaordaidh

Date walked: 04/08/2013

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 9.5 km

Ascent: 895m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: "WEE GUY" rescues a lost dog from Munro summit!

Postby BobMcBob » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:06 pm

Great stuff, a heartwarming tale, you must be proud of that wee guy. :clap:
BobMcBob
Rambler

Munros:73   Corbetts:18
Fionas:9   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:33
Wainwrights:12   

Postby Coop » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:32 pm

Cap doffed
Superb :clap:
Coop
Munro compleatist

Munros:78   Corbetts:123
Fionas:68   Donalds:57+18
Sub 2000:14   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:69   Islands:14
Walk wish-list

Postby wpeterfinlay » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:04 pm

This story so reminds me of a day long long ago when I summited Ben Lui and there right on the very top was a wee hairy dug, a totally unlikely surprise for me in the shape of a Pekinese! He was not at all delighted to have been found and it took a lot of persuading from bits of my lunch (yes, as in your story one should always take extra food on a hike just in case there is a dog needing rescue along the way!) to get him near enough to get a hold of his collar. Then again as in your lovely story I had to improvise a lead - from a spare bootlace. He became more friendly on the descent and he was duly delivered to the Crianlarich police station. A week or so later I received a letter from a grateful Mrs Cameron who had been on a walk way down near the foot of Ben Lui when she realised her dog was no longer with her. That was five days before I found the little wanderer! Probably a natural Munroist who knew the only way to go is always up and up till you can climb no further! New respect for such a tiny tough canine adventurer!
wpeterfinlay
Mountain Walker

62 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland