walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An epic single day over the Fisherfield six

An epic single day over the Fisherfield six

by scottishkennyg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Munros included on this walk: A' Mhaighdean, Beinn Tarsuinn, Mullach Coire Mhic Fhearchair, Ruadh Stac Mòr, Sgùrr Bàn

Date walked: 06/08/2013

Time taken: 14.5 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: An epic single day over the Fisherfield six

Postby Bonzo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

Original post....

I started the leg burning climb up toward Am Briseadh at 650m. This was physically demanding to say the least and the lack of wind and humid atmosphere provided fine feeding conditions for the wee native biting female minge. I was sweating heavily and must have lost a stone in body fluid but put it back on with the weight of the midge cloak.

:wink:
Bonzo
Mountain Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:1
Hewitts:96
Wainwrights:147   

Re: An epic single day over the Fisherfield six

Postby scottishkennyg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:50 pm

Bonzo wrote:Original post....

I started the leg burning climb up toward Am Briseadh at 650m. This was physically demanding to say the least and the lack of wind and humid atmosphere provided fine feeding conditions for the wee native biting female minge. I was sweating heavily and must have lost a stone in body fluid but put it back on with the weight of the midge cloak.

:wink:

Cheers Bonzo, well spotted, typos..I might just leave it in for the craic... :lol:
scottishkennyg

Munros:282   

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland