walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

by walk aboot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Date walked: 13/02/2010

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

Postby magicdin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:04 pm

mountain coward wrote::lol: Well it wasn't big or padded... it was pink-ish... :lol:

magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Postby mountain coward » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:59 pm

Hate to think what face you'd have put out there if it had been huge and padded as well as pinkish...! :lol:
mountain coward

Postby magicdin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:33 pm

magicdin
Rambler

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:110   Donalds:23
Sub 2000:17   Hewitts:24
Wainwrights:10   Islands:28

Postby walk aboot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:17 pm

:lol:
walk aboot

Munros:36   Corbetts:4
Donalds:1
Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:2   Islands:27

Postby snodland » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:38 am

Well Walk Aboot, what an entertaining read and a fine trip report.
One of my friends went walking out by the Blackwater Dam on Saturday - if he saw the Eagle flying from right to left does that mean his luck was out.
Given the frasgility of his ticker it could well have been if he had seen your pal walking around half clad.
Oh and the rugby tour went fine - including the Northern Constabulary giving 2 of us a lift home on Saturday night after one other more elderly member of the party tried to take all the steps outside the Tailrace pub in a one-er and gashed his head.Got to be grateful to the bar staff, and several of the regulars who helped patch him up. Obviously he got loads of sympathy from us - LOL -
You would have been welcome in the minibus - if you could have flagged it down in time as the driver had a concrete brick for a foot and we must have been a blur to you. Got to the Kingshouse - after a stop in Glencoe to remeber a couple of absent friends - at about 12 and of course with typical Kingshouse hospitality they refused to open up for the purchase of strong drink till 12.30 (fortunately the co-op in Kinlochleven had been selling it since 10.00 Sunday morning) when will we ever get it right in this country?
Attachments
P1100908.JPG
Most of us did the Ballachulish Horseshoe. Before the mist ruined it this was the view SW
snodland
Munro compleatist

Munros:89   Corbetts:17
Fionas:14   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:5

Postby walk aboot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi Andy

Glad to hear your weekend went as I thought it might :lol: :sick: :lol:

Talking about ageing...one of the gents in Carol's party was in his 60s. He did the Aonach Eagach Ridge for the umpteenth time on Saturday but fell on the way back down, when he was well off the ridge. I'm just thinking the medical staff at A&E in Fort William might of thought he was just some other old bloke who had tripped over his slippers and that's why he had a nasty gash on his knee and a bruise above his eye.

As for the eagle...proved my point exactly...your mate really was unfortunate to miss a half-clad woman a walking in the hills :clap:
walk aboot

Postby walk aboot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:28 pm

...And by the same reckoning, the next time I'm out walking, Joaquin Phoenix is likely to turn up Johnny Cash-style and ask to share my soggy sandwiches 8) (can't wait, excited :lol: ).

Good walk the Ballachulish Horseshoe :thumbup:.
walk aboot

Postby gaffr » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Give MC a welcome to the digital image world from me......quite an appropriate first image given the banter surrounding her walking attire :D pity that you didn't get the other Corbett into the frame...a kind of outlier of the Aonach Eagach. :(
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Fionas:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   Islands:17

Postby mountain coward » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Well they may not be large or padded, but they're certainly not different sizes!! :o :D
mountain coward

Postby walk aboot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:39 pm

gaffr wrote:pity that you didn't get the other Corbett into the frame...a kind of outlier of the Aonach Eagach. :(

I think you're right gaffr, that would have been a nice photo - get your act together MC, must do better in digital photo-taking class! :lol: :clap: :lol:
walk aboot

Postby mountainstar » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:44 pm

Hello and goodbye!....It's goodbye, because i never saw you to say so before you left on the Sunday, and thank you for your good company.
I wished I had come with you both on that walk (really enjoyed your report) as it would have been nice to see the Pap(s) of Glencoe out in all there glory! :D
Back in the hostel of being told of the "top off" story, I was hoping that they would turn the heat up...no such luck :(
That was funny as i was looking through a magazine, when i thought that I saw a picture of Carol shopping in her local supermarket.....a lady in bra and knickers pushing her trolly along the ailes :o
On our walk on the sunday up Meall Lighiche even though it was cold and cloudy, Carol was down to her base layer again...if only the sun had come out :lol:
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby walk aboot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:23 pm

:lol: ...I did say 'morning' when I saw you sitting at breakfast before I left though :) ...I was in a rush to visit the brilliant wee tearoom at Ballachulish before my bus came.

Yup, erm, I think Carol's bra-wearing is now legendary, so I'm not surprised it's being featured in magazines :lol: :shock: :lol:
walk aboot

Postby mountain coward » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Ah, now I'm not one of those who shop in supermarkets in underwear or pyjamas! That's just common! :D Plus you'd freeze as you passed the freezer sections! But just to be clear, I didn't get down to my bra the second day, just my thin under-shirt... it would definitely have needed the sun out that day I think as it was pretty b*** cold on the summit ridge!
mountain coward

Postby walker1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:06 am

mountain coward wrote::lol: Well it wasn't big or padded... it was pink-ish... :lol:
As requested read walk aboots report.Thank god I sent out a warning... cos you scare me!, anyway enjoy Scotland! :D
walker1

Munros:110   Corbetts:10
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:6   
Islands:28

Postby mountain coward » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:30 am

If guys can take off their shirts when out walking no reason why gals can't! That's what I say...
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

PreviousNext

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland