walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

by walk aboot » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Date walked: 13/02/2010

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Valentine's Weekend in Glencoe...Love is a Battlefield

Postby mountainstar » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am

mountain coward wrote:I didn't get down to my bra the second day, just my thin under-shirt... it would definitely have needed the sun out that day I think as it was pretty b*** cold on the summit ridge!

I'm sure that I would have helped you out with that problem....a bit of a rub down to warm you up. :D :o :shock:
mountainstar
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:221
Fionas:24   Donalds:8
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:217
Wainwrights:214   Islands:24

Postby mountain coward » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:48 pm

You didn't offer! :lol: Actually, a bit of that nice iced sandwich cake would have warmed me up but you only brought yourself a piece! :D
mountain coward

Postby smirnie71 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Love your report - it's great to see a report which is just about enjoying the great outdoors and local wild life (in every sense it appears).
I'm looking forward to days doing the same after hopefully completing the Three Peaks in July - at the moment it's all about times, distances and ascents in order to get fit enough for this challenge.

Thanks for making me smile! Great Read :)
smirnie71
Munro compleatist

Munros:12   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:24
Islands:14

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland