walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

When will this ridge be good to me

When will this ridge be good to me

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Tulaichean, Cruach Àrdrain

Date walked: 16/05/2009

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 1067m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

An other day down in this area, another day another slog start to finish.Parked car at large layby ay Keiator farm in Glen Falloch.me,James,Daryll,Jnr and Taloyr Logan 67 still going strong,crossed over boggy field. under bridge and onto landrover track for apprx 1.5 km where the track splits and you take l/h fork drop down to cross an old wooden bridge(how is this still standing) then climb E up fairly steep grassy slopes to summit of Grey Heights.Now the rain starts(and forgets to stop) follow ridge SSE over Meall Damh so im told(cant see squat in this rain and cloud).then climb steeply to top of Cruach Ardrain (rain comes down harder).Off now 2 second top of the day,some people say this is an easy climb to top (not in this rain),reach top 45 min later,by this time waterproofs have decided they have had enough and water is now filling up my trouser pockets(oh joy),fairly short stop at summit and then we return the way we came (can you swim down the descent) as the path down is just a river all way down till we get back to the wooden bridge where rain stops,sun comes out with clear blue sky"s(like I say when will this ridge be good to me)
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland