walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

An evening on Lendrick Hill

An evening on Lendrick Hill

Postby Sarah86 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Lendrick Hill

Date walked: 04/09/2013

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

With the nights starting to draw in I quite fancied trying to squeeze another evening hill walk in. We had actually attempted this hill twice before in the past two week but on both times the dog got fed up walking so we turned back. We decided to leave her at home and set off from Alloa at 6:30.. probably a little later than we should but we still made it up and down before it was dark.

I had read a few reports on this hill and the talk of the steep slippery section but I wasn't convinced as it was only a humble little hill near the Ochils.... well I eat my words :lol: thank goodness the ground was dry or else I would have been down. I quite fancy this hill again when there is a slight frost or dusting of snow but I will be taking poles!

Set off up the good track from the lay by and the sun was starting to dip

Looking down the steep section

First glimpse of the summit

By the time we got to the top the sun had just went down behind a cloud and was starting to set

Loch Leven

Cairn and trig point

Ochils

All in all a really enjoyable wee hill that is fairly easy going apart from the very steep section in the fire break, I huffed and puffed :lol:
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:5
Grahams:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   

Re: An evening on Lendrick Hill

Postby Gordie12 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi Sarah86

Stunning photographs of a great wee hill.............and you managed to stay on your feet :lol: :lol:
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:64
Grahams:27   Donalds:38
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:30
Wainwrights:24   

Postby The Rodmiester » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi Sarah86, WOW! some lovely photographs :clap: :D , it's a great wee hill for an evening stroll, pity about the steep slippy bit, but you managed ok it would seem, no big muddy marks on the breaks! :lol: :lol: well I did warn you, I guess the sun never gets to the steep bit in the firebreak. As you say, poles a must in wet or frosty weather :)
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:16

Postby Sarah86 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks :) We were lucky to get a nice evening sky, for a little hill the views all round are lovely. I managed the steep bit but was just a little out of breath as I haven't been out as much lately... must change that though! I have one walking pole that someone left behind at my work and never claimed but going to buy another as I think it could come in useful!
Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:13   Corbetts:5
Grahams:2   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland