walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

CMD, Arete & The Ben

CMD, Arete & The Ben

Postby 2110moy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Nevis, Càrn Mòr Dearg

Date walked: 30/09/2013

Time taken: 9.45 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A great day out for me, Joe and my partner, Moira.
Had done 2 Munros previous day in Glencoe and was hoping this wouldnt burn us out on this hike.
Never the less, 7.30 start in NF Car Park and off we go. Met a guy with a Collie dog half way up CMD, only to find she was a rescue dog injured on Skye the previous Thursday and he was giving her a WEE try oot on the hills. I said " Do you know most folk take their dugs for a walk in the park, not up a ####### mountain."
Got to top of CMD and seen the Arete, Awesome!!! Was realy lookin forward to this section as had already done Aonach Eagach and Liathach.
Blowing a hooly and after a few Whoopsy moments up and over we went.
Long stretch ahead up to the top of the Ben, but my day was going to improve after meeting a fellow walker carrying a Fiddle case c/w Fiddle in his pack. Had To Ask "Whats the fiddle for?" Reply " Oh its ma mates, i said I'd carry it for him, he's going up the tourist route and am gonna meet him there n he's gonna play it at the top. He's no really a walker, so I chose the Arete route to kill time till he got to the top" Are all us hillwalkers crazy or wot???
Got to The Ben top in cloud cover, few pics then back down via lochan to NF car park.
Brill day and after 9.45 hrs walk n 2.5 hr drive back to Glasgow, totally busted.
Will remember the whole day though for a long while
By the way think I lost my Speedo reading specs on way down at the split from tourist path to lochan, If found get in touch n see if can resolve something.
:D :D :D
2110moy
Munro compleatist

Munros:169   Corbetts:8

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland