walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cauldcluech Head & Greatmoor Hill

Cauldcluech Head & Greatmoor Hill

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm

Grahams included on this walk: Cauldcleuch Head

Donalds included on this walk: Cauldcleuch Head

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Greatmoor Hill

Date walked: 05/10/2013

Time taken: 5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I started from Priesthaugh farm and took the track to Priesthaugh-hill and followed the tree line and fenceline to the summit of Cauldcluech Head. There was no cairn here, just a fence post and half an old signpost. From here i again followed the fenceline and treeline to Greatmoor Hill. The fenceline is a good aid in bad weather, though visibility was good today, as long as you follow the right fence. From Greatmoor summit i retraced my steps back to Swire Knowe and took the second break in the forest which lead me to a track. Unfortunately the track ended and had to head down rough ground following a burn which brought me out at the house at Priesthaugh-hill. I was then on the track back to the start, with only some cows to negotiate before arriving back at the car.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

https://plus.google.com/photos/110051255472035874897/albums/5931348380663627761
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:18   Corbetts:207
Grahams:160   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:271   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland