walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Vorlich and Ben Vane

Ben Vorlich and Ben Vane

Postby robertdavies62 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:38 am

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vane, Ben Vorlich (Loch Lomond)

Date walked: 06/10/2013

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 19.4 km

Ascent: 1938m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So I completed Ben Vane and Vorlich on the weekend.

Initially intended to travel over the Ben Lomond on the ferry but could catch one so went up A82 to Inveruglas to complete Ben Vorlich.

Late start at 11 am and took the tarmac track up towards the damn before cutting off around 500 meters before up what was a pretty boggy track, after around half an hour the track got better but it become clagged in, the track is so clear that it didn't matter, couple of false summits and at the top could not see further than 20 meters. Took a quick photo and began the descent.

Once back on the tarmac road made my way back the the junction of the Glen Loin Loop at around 13:45 and had some lunch, felt pretty good so decided to do Ben Vane. Set off again and again pretty boggy ground but after around half an hour it became a lot steeper and more rocky, its so steep the track winds round the edges of rock with some small exposure at times. The weather was clearing up giving me a great view over Ben Vorlich and across to Ben Ime/Ben Narnain. After failing to follow the tracks a couple of times I ended up doing a Borderline 'moderate' climb.

After around 8 frustrating false summits I reached the top and spent some time admiring the views. Began my descent around 15:45 and returned to the car park at 5.

Good day out
robertdavies62
Mountain Walker

Munros:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland