walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Curved Ridge

Curved Ridge

Postby seadog » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Date walked: 03/03/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi, does someone have a detailed route up Curved Ridge on the Buachaille.I have been up this way a couple of times but dont know if I got it right.
Thanks Seadog
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Re: Curved Ridge

Postby Milesy » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:56 pm

I have it in my SMC winter climbs guide book, however I am not sure if the winter route is slightly different from the summer at a few small bits. The book is sitting at my desk in work though. Can post tomorrow. It should be in one of the summer scramble books.
Milesy
Stravaiging

Postby seadog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks Milesy I dont think I would try this in the winter it would be about July time.When I intend to be in Glen Coe for a week so could pick my day.Thanks Seadog
seadog
Munro compleatist

Munros:119   

Postby Milesy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Going by the book you want to approach up to the bottom of crowberry basin. The ridge hangs to the left of crowberry gully to the bottom of the rannoch wall. the ridge then goes up to the left of the rannoch wall to a platform. Then head right to the base of crowberry tower, and up crowberry tower gap to the summit, or by going onto crowberry ridge and then crowberry tower to the summit.
Milesy
Stravaiging

Postby gaffr » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 pm

Position of Curved Ridge....don't forget the so called easy Gully as a reference...it lies between the Rannoch Wall and Curved Ridge....and that you have done a reasonable scramble on goodish rock to reach this point.
gaffr
Munro compleatist

Munros:281   Corbetts:203
Grahams:33   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:11   Hewitts:25
Wainwrights:11   

Postby HighlandSC » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 am

I've never been near Curved Ridge, nor really researched it (yet...) but I do have the Glen Coe Scrambles DVD which has a good account of doing Curved Ridge and they add on the scramble up Crowberry Tower.

The Angry Corrie reviewed the DVD in it's year of release in 2004:
http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tac/tac65/tac65headcamm.htm
HighlandSC

Munros:33   Corbetts:4
Grahams:2   
Sub 2000:14   
Islands:8

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland