walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A re-erected Castle, a Wee Hill & Craiglee

A re-erected Castle, a Wee Hill & Craiglee

Postby Johnny Corbett » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 am

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Craiglee (Ayrshire)

Date walked: 11/10/2013

Time taken: 1.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Before starting the walk i had a look around the re-erected Castle, which used to stand on a wee island on Loch Doon. There is some information about the Castles history which was quite interesting. I then went to the start of the walk which starts on an easy trail. The trail continues up, passing a couple of benches, where i had some lunch before continueing up. The trail then crosses the track and continues up, reaching a fainter trail heading up towards the Wee Hill of Craigmulloch. The main trail appears to continue round towards the trees but i left it here to head to the Wee Hill. Another faint trail leads round the Wee Hill, heading for Craiglee if you don't want to climb the Wee one. I continued to the Wee Hill and its summit cairn. The trail now ends and you have to cross soft uneven ground to get to Craigee which would be very boggy in wet weather. After reaching the summit of Craiglee i returned over the soft ground and round the Wee Hill and picked up the trail back to the start.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

https://plus.google.com/photos/110051255472035874897/albums/5934140290770541793
Johnny Corbett
Mountain Walker

Munros:25   Corbetts:214
Fionas:168   Donalds:74
Sub 2000:302   Hewitts:1
Islands:14

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland