walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ten day holiday on Skye

Ten day holiday on Skye

by Musicfinder » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Date walked: 30/09/2013

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ten day holiday on Skye

Postby Caberfeidh » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:25 am

Musicfinder wrote:I am trying to determine how much time to devote to the Outer Hebrides. I would like to plan on a week there, but more likely it will be 3 or 4 days. I thought 3 or 4 days would be sufficient to get a proper 'taste' of Lewis and Harris but feel not enough time to explore much more. We will have a car so we won't have to depend on public transportation to move around. Your opinion?

Nah, take a week at least. The Islands are not the sort of places to be in a rush....
Lochs.JPG

Raasay from Breakish May 09.JPG
Caberfeidh
Stravaiging

Postby sross » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:50 pm

Spectacular! Your photos reminded me of many of the reasons why Skye is at the top of the list of places I've visited, just gorgeous. Also, thank you for the photos of The Cuillins from Elgol. When we were standing in the same spot looking in that direction there was a dense shroud covering them. Now I see why we were told it was one of the best views in all of Scotland. :clap:
sross
Mountaineer

Munros:2   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

Postby Musicfinder » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:46 am

Caberfeidh wrote:
Nah, take a week at least. The Islands are not the sort of places to be in a rush....

Caberfeidh, thanks for all the photos of the Outer Hebrides. I'll have work at extending our holiday to allow more time on the islands :)
sross wrote:Spectacular! Your photos reminded me of many of the reasons why Skye is at the top of the list of places I've visited, just gorgeous. Also, thank you for the photos of The Cuillins from Elgol. When we were standing in the same spot looking in that direction there was a dense shroud covering them. Now I see why we were told it was one of the best views in all of Scotland. :clap:

Glad you enjoyed them. Once we had been to Skye it keeps drawing us back every year. I also enjoyed the view from Elgol, but my favorite is the view of the Cuillins from Sgurr na Stri.
Cuillins from Sgurr na Stri by musicfinder4me, on Flickr
Last edited by Musicfinder on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Musicfinder

Postby scottishkennyg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:42 pm

well done, great work on photographs, what software do you use?
scottishkennyg

Munros:282   

Postby Musicfinder » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:28 am

scottishkennyg wrote:well done, great work on photographs, what software do you use?

Cheers scottishkennyg. There are a couple software programs I am currently using, Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop CS5. Lately one of the primary purposes has been removal of spots on the image, which could be particles/dust/lubricating oil on the camera sensor.
Musicfinder

5 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland