walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

At last, one becomes three

At last, one becomes three

by Sarah86 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Route description: The Cairnwell Munros

Munros included on this walk: Càrn a' Ghèoidh, Càrn Aosda

Date walked: 12/10/2013

Time taken: 4 hours

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: At last, one becomes three

Postby Sarah86 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:25 pm

jepsonscotland wrote:It was a beautiful day and nice to meet you on the summit of Carn Aosda.
Great pics, especially the view north to the bigger Cairngorms, really makes the uphill effort worthwhile. :D
I wasn't a member at the time, but it was great to meet more like-minded outdoor folk. Now I have discovered WH, there's no turning back! Lol.
Penny does you proud, she's a natural and very bonny.
Good luck with your future bagging.

Thanks everyone, we had a great day out and couldn't have wished for better weather. Nice to have met you too jepsonscotland and good that you found this site, it has been invaluable to me, the only thing is I keep finding new routes I want to try.

The reason I had thought about Ben Chonzie from the Lednock side was it looked a wee bit shorter and easier? Not to sound lazy but if I were to attempt it with my dog she is getting older so I am always cautious, perhaps I will be more likely to attempt it on my own. I noticed two routes from the Turret side via each side of the loch.

Well it is now 4 on the list as I went back to the Cairnwell, a nice easy ascent. I had both my mum and dad with me who aren't really hill walkers but really enjoyed it, neither made it to the top as it had gotten very windy and my mum is a bit worried by heights but after seeing my photos that there was no drop she wishes she had.

Penny was less impressed by this one as she isn't hardy for these colder and windy conditions. Never the less she got her summit photo!

Sarah86
Mountaineer

Munros:20   Corbetts:8
Fionas:3   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:1
Wainwrights:20   Islands:1

Re: At last, one becomes three

Postby dogplodder » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:39 pm

Folk who give these hills a bad press should take a look at your photos. :thumbup:
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

10 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland